Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

We are a couple (both 35) with a nearly three year old son. I have been preparing and training in Northern California for years, but am no longer confident that this is a safe area to live through the increasing earth changes and what may come.

As such, I am looking to strategically relocate and join a high-trust, thoroughly self-sufficient community that includes other families.

(If you are a member of such a group, or know of any groups looking for families, please reach out -- I appreciate it!)

I'm here to find share that process and find support from others who are reaching these same conclusions as to how to live better. I have an extensive history with all things technical/electrical/communications, and am focusing now on coming up to speed with more common sense skills like self-defense (love my glock), gardening/homesteading/permaculture/aquaponics, and so on.

My wife is not completely convinced as to the difficulties that decidedly lie ahead, so that is another interesting open question with which I'm sure others have had experience.

Thrilled to find you all here, and hope to help each other provide for our future and our family!

All the best, and God bless.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Best of Fortunes on that. As a rule being around other live humans for more than a few days drives me crazy. Sure you will find more gregarious types with more endurance as the search continues. Got any handy bikini pics of the little bride by any chance? There are exceptions to all rules as we was taught back in Boy Scouts.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Best of Fortunes on that. Being around other live humans drives me crazy. Sure you will find more gregarious types as the search continues. Got any handy bikini pics of the little bride by any chance?
one of these times you may get more than you bargain for.. be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Why was somebody looking at me in that tone of voice? I was agreeing with the young man. As Uncle Ben said.."Fish and visitors stink in three days."

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Welcome from South Texas. Lots of people get on here wanting to join a group. Lots of threads on that subject as well. As far as I know, most if not everyone is basically not in favor of such a deal. Me included. With that said, I do hope you find what you're looking for. On your way out of Cali, swing down to the southern end and whack my sister and bro-in-law upside the head and tell them I said to get the hell out and come back to Texas.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Welcome to the group from Southern Arizona.
Land of Sun, Surf, and Sand.
Ok, I lied, no surf, unless you count the flash floods
in the washes, but there’s enough sand to fill
all the dang sand bags I’ll ever need!
Grab a stump and sit a spell.
I’d get you a virtual a beer,

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
My best advice - research which states consistently vote conservative (Hint: Kalifornia ain't one).
Look at rural areas these states, near, but outside, towns of 1,000 or less.

Hint #2: Cows make the best neighbors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Translation, you think you're joining a community but you ain't going anywhere lol
Ha!

I will never leave my family behind, so it may come down to drugging her and dragging her across the continent. It is going to be interesting, no doubt. She at least agrees we need to GTFO, but is European, which means reactions to { Guns, God, "Preppers", Conservatives } are all DEEPLY programmed into her. It's a process.

That said, we all know people who by all accounts SHOULDN'T have been able to wake up from their libtard slumbers, but God works in mysterious ways.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and for sharing that there are no groups worth joining. It's not surprising. Anything worth doing in life, you gotta do yourself.

Bikini pics are in the next thread.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
it's not that there aren't any worth joining... just that the good ones aren't keen on newbs... a good group is rooted in trust. A large group leads to large problems... Could I use a few more like minded people around me? For sure! but you kind of need to Know where I am first and build some kinship before I give you the keys to the Kingdom....

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Welcome from SC. Do you or your wife have family in other parts of the U.S.? That might be a starting point.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Welcome to PF from NC , My advice to you is to buy some land and build your own fort , build a community around your needs and others like you ,, you don't lots of people just a few will do " dozen or so " family is the best way to go ,, there is safety in numbers ,, you will need more then a glock to survive .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome. Definitely hard to find others that you feel you can depend on when a community like ours isn't so open to trusting new people unless they are family (sometimes not even family though) or long lasting relationships. I totally agree with the others that recommend you find a plot of land to develop for your family. Make ties that will help you build in your own self- reliance. A prepping mindset is very demanding with making clear goals for the future. Glad to hear that your spouse is open to it. Maybe as you become more prepared for your family, your bond will be made stronger. Hope all works for the best.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Us old chllins of the 60's had several old pals who run off and joined a commune I betcha. Maybe even a few of themselves. The ones I knew seemed to indicate a person need to be smoking a lot of killer weed to actually enjoy it. lol. Lot of cute earth mamas with hairy pits and legs running around etc. slap slap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts