Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Y'all,

Found this forum trough our own Dutch forum (preppers.nl). And as you might guess, I am a Communicator fan! In every way possible. CB,HAM radio, wifi, cellphone, PMR LPD, i'm exploring it all!

I don't have a license and don't intend to get one too. mainly because of opsec reasons. All your personal data will be known at certain companies, and you also have to define the rig's and antennas you work with in order to get a callsign.... Thanks but no thanks.

We are prepping as a family which makes life much easier! I'm a husband, and dad of two beautiful kids. mid 30-40 yrs old.

The main reason i created an account here is to expand my knowledge of planning for SHTF. I have my stocks, my energy, my BOB's and BOL's pretty much under control, although we're never satisfied. We are gathering friends which are like minded. so forming groups is actually the thing i'm gathering info for.

I am also setting up an emergency network(Dutch) in The Netherlands. (like catastrophenetwork.org) The purpose of this network is to maintain a fully covering network of the Netherlands were we can do our own INTEL and communications. Trusting the gov and relying on them is also not done here.

While setting all this up, we are also making a SOP book (Standard Operating Procedure) that will be spread amongst preppers so they know what procedures and protocols to follow and what they can do in real emergency situations.

All by all, lots to do, and the clock keeps ticking.

If you want to, say hi to the dutch prepping community

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I'll do my best to answer them all!

Greets,

C

·
Administrator
14,901 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from Southern Nevada. Had the pleasure of spending three years at Soesterberg Vliegbasis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm so sorry that i've been offline for such a long time on this forum. In the meantime i moved to another location. Mainly because we had an ongoing fight with our neighbor for three(!) years. And secondly because the location was the worst you could imagine as prepper :D

only 1 way out of our plaza, and 2 ways out of the suburbs. and a illogical lay-out of the house and garden, but okay...

Here we are again. back on track, stocks safely stocked, BOV and BOT ready to go, BOB's packed...
The only important thing left to do is getting my HAM rig back in the air. Antenna is still in the shed :(

I hope to be here more in the future!

Grz,
Communicator

·
9,023 Posts
Welcome back, I was wondering where you wandered off to. We were going to send out the hounds, but they can't smell that good thru these damn little wires. Hope to see more of you now.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Alright, gotta ask just for my information. My grandparents came from the Netherlands and I have never had the good fortune to go out there personally. I am actually a third generation American and want to know more about the "Home of my Father's fathers" can you tell me/us more about you and yours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm, what is there to tell... i'm not walking on wooden shoes (clogs), i don't live in a windmill, and we have no delfts blue dishes :)
For the rest i'd advise you to use wikipedia and a search engine to gather information about The Netherlands ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lol yes well the stuff on Wikipedia is popular opinion not fact and I can do a search on Seattle and find lots of pictures of sunshine, doesn't mean that even a quarter of the weather is like that. But no worries

1 - 19 of 19 Posts