Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, name is Jim, just found this forum and after reading a few posts decided to sign-up!

Living near the base of Mt. Rainier, so although considered SW Washington, am closer to South Central! Enjoying our prepping lifestyle which my wife and I consider to be more of a country/rustic lifestyle which suits our tastes much better than the city life. Semi-retired, we still have a small home business which allows us to garden, can food, raise animals, butcher, tan hides, keep bees, and a plethora of other things all while enjoying the blessings that God has provided to us.

Looking to become completely self-sustaining, still some big dollar items that are needed, but Lord willing, in time it will happen.

We are a 'stand your ground' type of prepper, so no bug-out stuff or anything like that, we will be here through whatever comes our way!

Look forward to 'meeting' and conversing and learning from those who contribute here!

Jim

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the 'welcomes'!

Sure thing longrider, still an 'apprentice' apiarist, but will pass on what I've learned and what I have found works for us in the cold climate!

tirednurse, we may just be neighbors! Just down the way off HWY 7

Nice to see others from WA here, thanks indie

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Jim, welcome from SE Washington. You might want to re-think that bug out bit, you are camped on the doorstep of the largest volcano in the state. If it starts to get unruly you may have to bug out to stay alive.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
From one Western Washingtonian to another, Welcome Aboard Jim!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Another hello from Minnesota, but I do know Issaquah, WA reasonably well - Stan's BBQ in "downtown" Issaquah is one of the best anywhere!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank-you for the continued welcomes!

Inor, I agree, Stan's is great! Have worked in Issaquah in the past!

Thanks PaulS for the thought, that's something my wife and I have already came to peace with, we are pleased and happy where we are at, this is our home. If it erupts, then it erupts, and if we are like Harry Randall Truman, then that's okay, it was time for God to call us home! ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts