Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

(not a native english speaker - so sorry for any confusion)

I am a 43y old german prepper, father of 2 and a geriatric nurse/carer for the elderly. I am living in the center of Germany, very countryside. Due to stupid tv shows and "documentaries" I always thought about preppers as some hardcore military fans, preparing for a zombie apocalypse and stuff. I was so stupid and wrong and not realizing that I am already a prepper myself. I went trough some hard times without a job and always preferred to have enough food and supplies for at least a whole month, so whatever could go wrong I was always well prepared to survive the whole month till I got my next money. I prepared more and more and it was so normal to me that I didn't even realize I am a prepper.

I started to watch some channels on YT like TheUrbanPrepper, Prepper Fox Austria and Canadian Prepper (actually even more, but I can't name them all) and realized, that I am a prepper and also, that its a good thing to be. Actually its something every man/father/husband/partner HAS to do/be. For me its not only being prepared - its taking care of those that you love.

My mind changed and today I am proud to say that I am a prepper, even though I am still in the beginning a more of a rookie. And that's why I am here. I want to learn from you, share ideas and experience and.. well.. be prepared.

Thank you for running this forum and allowing me to be here.

Have a nice Sunday.

StarFox

·
Registered
Bugging IN
165 Posts
Welcome, StarFox,

Everyone needs to be a prepper in today's world as we descend into planned chaos.

It's kind of like a game show trying to guess which awfulness will happen and, if we properly prepared for and respond to it, we Kinda win ;)

Germans were very good to us US troops in early 80s when I was there so Sie sind herzlich willkommen!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, StarFox,

Everyone needs to be a prepper in today's world as we descend into planned chaos.

It's kind of like a game show trying to guess which awfulness will happen and, if we properly prepared for and respond to it, we Kinda win ;)

Germans were very good to us US troops in early 80s when I was there so Sie sind herzlich willkommen!
Thank you very much for your kind words. Vielen lieben Dank :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the group from southern AZ. Make sure you remain secretive about being a prepper. Opening your mouth makes you a target for a future disaster.
Thanks, you are right. Thats what I was told several times and thats the reason I picked that nickname and a mail address not related to me. What I haven't figured out so far is how to get in contact to local prepper to support each other. To be honest.. I am not even sure I should get in contact to them. I am missing experience on this.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a welath of information and a lot of lessons learned from this group. Should make your growth a wee bit easier

Reactions: ChickenLittle14

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome from Canada's wet coast.

Looks like you guys are in for a tough winter so if you can locate some army surplus wool blankets (at least 80% wool) if they are still availible. Last I checked they were still reasonably price. You already know this but stay away from those electric heaters your fellow countrymen are panic buying as they will be useless if your Gov restricts power usage.

Godspeed

·
Administrator
15,668 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

Reactions: ChickenLittle14

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from Canada's wet coast.

Looks like you guys are in for a tough winter so if you can locate some army surplus wool blankets (at least 80% wool) if they are still availible. Last I checked they were still reasonably price. You already know this but stay away from those electric heaters your fellow countrymen are panic buying as they will be useless if your Gov restricts power usage.

Godspeed
Yes, don't plan to buy one. Electricity goes down and so does electric heating. I was lucky to get some of those pressed blocks made of wood. Sorry, don't know the english name for those.
Food Rectangle Cuisine Ingredient Font

Got a big amount of those and plan to use them besides regular logs inside our wood fired stove. Last year was a very soft/mild winter with an average temperature around 3°C (around 37.4°F I guess). But in my area temperatures often go down till -10°C (14°F) or even more in winter, even if just for a few days. But I'll prepare for a harder winter. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Administrator
15,668 Posts
In our part of Florida, in the summer when it is 100 F or more on many days, I pray for winter temperatures in the 20's and 30's.

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
Hi all

(not a native english speaker - so sorry for any confusion)

I am a 43y old german prepper, father of 2 and a geriatric nurse/carer for the elderly. I am living in the center of Germany, very countryside. Due to stupid tv shows and "documentaries" I always thought about preppers as some hardcore military fans, preparing for a zombie apocalypse and stuff. I was so stupid and wrong and not realizing that I am already a prepper myself. I went trough some hard times without a job and always preferred to have enough food and supplies for at least a whole month, so whatever could go wrong I was always well prepared to survive the whole month till I got my next money. I prepared more and more and it was so normal to me that I didn't even realize I am a prepper.

I started to watch some channels on YT like TheUrbanPrepper, Prepper Fox Austria and Canadian Prepper (actually even more, but I can't name them all) and realized, that I am a prepper and also, that its a good thing to be. Actually its something every man/father/husband/partner HAS to do/be. For me its not only being prepared - its taking care of those that you love.

My mind changed and today I am proud to say that I am a prepper, even though I am still in the beginning a more of a rookie. And that's why I am here. I want to learn from you, share ideas and experience and.. well.. be prepared.

Thank you for running this forum and allowing me to be here.

Have a nice Sunday.

StarFox
Glad you made it over and welcome from DFW Texas. Holler anytime. I sprackenze pretty goot Deutch..lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the site, if you have any questions don't be shy to post them lots of good people on here with a ton of knowledge.
Welcome to the site. Ask all the questions you have.

After the news reports I've read, you are in for some tough times. I wish you all the best.
Thank you very much. Actually I am with tons of questions but I don't wanna be that annoying guy asking questions that are already answered several times. So atm I am diggin through all the posts here. That way I am collecting answers for questions I didnt have in my mind yet as well.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,855 Posts
Howdy and welcome from another Texan.

It sounds like you did eventually come to the realization that what we now call a "prepper", folks called "normal" only 100 years ago.
Having enough to make it through a hard time was just expected. Now people think you're paranoid for having a month or more of goods stores away.

We're glad to have you, and look forward to your perspective on world and local events. The news we get is often filtered through various narratives and agendas, so it will be good to have a real voice straight from the heart of Europe to clarify things.

Hope to see you around often. Don't be shy.
😉

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome from the Louisiana gulf coast! I use the “search” feature on this site often when I have a question about anything related to our prepping lifestyle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts