Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I happened to find this forum by accident looking at MOLLE gear online. I am happy I did, glancing over the forum I feel like I would fit right in. I am a former soldier in the ARMY I was a Sergeant in an infantry training support unit until 2010. Since then I graduated college moved from upstate NY to Florida, moving here was a culture shock the area I am from is so rural thing like the recession never really affected me but after seeing the condition of much more populated area's it had me kind of worried. Prepping has always been something I was interested in but never executed on, A few months ago my girlfriends father who is retired military held a family (and me) meeting about prepping. This kind of kicked my butt in gear to stop thinking about it and start doing it. I recently landed a job as a mortgage banker and in the next few months I should have the means to start stocking up on gear, my small gun collection is as far as I've gotten, but my plans are much larger. Since I am still saving to start building by reserves I have been reading Patriots by James Wesley Rawles with Survivors next in line, I never made it far in The Art of War but I figured that wouldn't be a bad idea either (knowledge is power right?). ​I am looking forward to learning and contributing on this message board, watching the market from my new line of business has me worried about what is to come over the next 10 years or so in America and I plan on being as ready as possible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just outside of Tampa for now, however in about a year I plan on moving to the east coast, probably the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area, not too sure yet. Where in Florida were you from? How do you like Montana so far?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Just outside of Tampa for now, however in about a year I plan on moving to the east coast, probably the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area, not too sure yet. Where in Florida were you from? How do you like Montana so far?
I have TONS of family in Plant City,Fl which is just outside Tampa.. I am from Okeechobee,Fl and we LOVE Montana!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome from Texas, always glad to see more former military. It sounds like your GF's Dad may be a good resource for more personal advice, but there is a wealth of experience and knowledge here. We even manage to have some fun every now and then!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank y'all for the welcome!

I'm glad to have a new book to add to the list! Also Plant City is only a few minutes from me, I love that area!

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
Welcome from the rural piney woods of Northeast Florida. I commute into Jacksonville 5 days a week to work.
Thank you for serving our country. I was Army also, 1967-1970.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome, great military and Florida representation here, never a bad thing!

Reactions: TMCertified

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from North East Central Florida.

Great bunch of folks and tons of info here.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome from South Central Minnestoa. Thank you for your service. 4 of my brothers and my Dad were in the Navy, 3 Bros and Dad at the same time during Viet Nam. I look forward to learning from you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts