Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Greetings from Argentina

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  shotlady 
#1 ·
Hello to all!, well, i gotta tell you, it´s been a couple of weeks since i started looking into prepping, i´m a beginner living in a heavily urban setting. Like many, once i started reading i realized how smart it´s to become a prepper, even in a disaster situation where there aren´t any zombies, super volcanoes, o Robot uprising, there´s still plenty of scary stuff lurking around. I live in a south american country and we´re going through (in my opinion) an economic collapse, unfurtunately it didn´t happen like in the movies, it wasn´t like that new show Revolution, there was no EMP, there was no highly dramatic event, there were hundreds of little situations that escalated into what we´re living today.
There´s unemployment, there´s poverty, a lot of violence, home invations, low base drugs (much like crack), a Dengue outbrake and it all happened slowly. So, right now i´m taking the first steps into prepping, i´ve recently started putting together a complete first aid kit (which will include as much antibiotics as i can get my hands on).
I´d love some input into what you might think should be my first steps, thanks to all.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Well , without knowing your financial situation, I will assume your still employed and have a little spare change each week. I would start with adding to the everyday list. In other words, canned goods that you and yours eat. Try putting some spam , tuna, canned stews, soups and the like in your pantry. Dry goods: Rice, Flour, Wheat, Yeast, Egg Noodles, Speggetti and things like that. Can you buy canned Speggitti sauce etc ? Manwhich in a can is pretty much ok. Since there is a lot of cows down there, maybe hamburger helper and the like ? Don't even know what is available to you. But those are some of the things I stock and also eat now and then. Do you have chest freezer ? Do you have any way to make electricity should your grid go down ? Lots of questions, before we can really help you out, so ask and answer away. Thats what we are here for !

#5 ·
Dean welcome to the forum. If you live in Argentina, you are a survivor and I'm sure we cold all learn a lot from you. I expect we will go something similar to what you have been through in the past few years. The causes are the same. Here is a good 7 Step Preparedness Plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.