1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to introduce myself.
Renec
At your service.
I live in AZ,somewhere southeast of Phoenix..let's say close enough that a trip to the city isn't an ordeal,and far enough that I can still see the stars at night.
This is the first "prepper" forum I've joined..it was recommended by the Smith & Wesson M&P forum I belong to.Great guys over there with lots of helpful info.
A little background?I was born and raised in NY..my Pop was a 'Nam era Marine.I was a Boy Scout..so,being prepared is something I was taught from a very young age.
I'm looking forward to spending sometime here learning a few new tricks,and maybe passing along a few.
fisherman,yeah..I can spin yarns of the big stripers on the Hudson river or the little rainbows in Tonto creek.
hunter,not so much..small game when I was a kid,but I still know how to dress game.
Jeep..of course..94 YJ...muddy,ugly last-of-the-leafspring reliable old beast.Can't wait to put "historic"plates on her :D

·
Administrator
15,448 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Welcome! I tend to read waaaaay more than I may post.A wise man once told me to listen..and I do that very well. My prepping consists of Common Sense (not so common these days,me thinks!).We have a few weeks worth of food stored.I'm slowly but steadily increasing the amount of long term food that we have stored.We like to camp up on the Rim during the summer..so my "bug out" stuff is mostly augmented camping supplies..we'd be able to stay out for maybe a month or so easily.Firearms? check. Training with aforementioned?check. Ammo?check(but not enough).Looking into reloading equipment atm..too many crazy things happening not to be prepared for the eventual "dry up".Dogs?check!..my happy and healthy Mutts are my early warning system.They see what I don't.Hear what I cannot and stay by my left side at all times(to keep my field of fire clear.). We've decieded if we have to "Bug out" we've picked a few nice local spots.Secluded and far enough away from the 'burbs that random meets should be nil.But still within a days walking time.Preferably..we'd "bug in"..where the food,ammo,and soft bed is!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a Texan. Glad to have you here with us all. You sound like your well on your way with the prepping thing and should find yourself in good company. There are a lot of great minds here not to mention a lot of knowledge. Yes its good to be a listener but you also need to share a little too. We all are good at things the rest of us might not be so good at and we can all learn for one another for sure. We all benefit the most when we all give and take the best that we can. Diversity is a good thing (did I just use the diversity word? ugh...Im starting to sound like a kool aid drinker now. Somebody save me!) Now thats not to say we will always agree and we will always share the same opinions. Hope to see you around and see you often!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts