Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Texas, let me start off by saying I am very excited to be here with like minded people. I am new to prepping but I have been arming myself with information for a couple of years. My name is Rollin I am 26, married with a 5 year old daughter. I work in the law enforcement field. Unfortunately I will be working alone with the prepping because the wife wants no part. I am looking for a group or a mentor someone that has gardening and livestock knowledge but any useful information is always accepted. I am located in Galveston County Tx. Wish to make plenty of friends here and maybe some brothers/sisters in arms.

Respectfully
~Rollin~

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
WAZZZZZZZUPPPPPP (your title was too.classy)

groups are hard to find (opsec) but the info.shared here is of quality, and the people (arguably) are a good bunch.... (shut IT!!!!!)

get you're wife to read "year of hell" (it enforced more cooperation) and watching American blackout (its on you tube now, I think it's still there) and the quote "why won't anyone help us" gave my misses the heebi geebies

Reactions: Ronin2013

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Welcome from another Texan as well. Glad to see that we roll so deep here! Glad to have you with us. You will definitely find no shortage of like minded folks to plan and scheme with that's for sure. Hope to see you around and see you often!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Hello from Texas, let me start off by saying I am very excited to be here with like minded people. I am new to prepping but I have been arming myself with information for a couple of years. My name is Rollin I am 26, married with a 5 year old daughter. I work in the law enforcement field. Unfortunately I will be working alone with the prepping because the wife wants no part. I am looking for a group or a mentor someone that has gardening and livestock knowledge but any useful information is always accepted. I am located in Galveston County Tx. Wish to make plenty of friends here and maybe some brothers/sisters in arms.

Respectfully
~Rollin~
My wife is also a "normalcy bias" person, which means she always expects life to be normal and even when overwhelming evidence comes in she just puts her fingers in her ears and says very loudly "NANANANANNAANA"

My counter to that is I just keep stockpiling and she doesn't bother me. One of my favorite examples is.. She drinks a glass of grape juice each morning with a scoop of flax seed in it. (yes it is good for you but I digress)

2x a month she uses up the 1 gallon jug of grape fruit juice and she USED to put it in the garbage can, but I would pull it out and wash it out and fill it up with water and stack it in the "utility room" for future use.

After a few months of that and about 100 of those 1 gallon bottles filled with water in the utility room, she now places them on the counter top for me to rinse and fill and store....

It isn't much, but it lets me know she at least isn't kicking and screaming as I drag her to the door of reality.

don't get me started about silver, it is a better story but I think the water storage one is better in this case.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
If you are lucky you have a follower, and over time she will be acclimated to the idea, my wife has thought of me as partally nuts in the past, until the power goes out and the neighbors are up to the house getting water and taking showers, and or asking to borrow our generator etc etc. Even the resistant can see the necessity when it is demonstrated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! thanks for all the welcomes!! Happy to be here and meet all of ya'll.

@phenoix17- thanks for the advice i will have to look for that book, and my wife doesn't want to watch anything having to deal with prepping or awakening to the situation this country is in (i have tried multiple times) and about "opsec" I wonder how can I attract attention to groups looking to add members?

@Shotlady- "out of responsibility to your wife and child." Absolutely! this is why I cannot continue wait for my wife to wake up and smell the powder keg brewing!

@Meangreen- Thank you for the job you do. Isn't that the blackwater logo you have as an avatar? I have a buddy who worked for them (Wuneburger)

@MrsInor- Thanks for the advice and welcome.

@Sparkprep- I will need some pointers with the gardening soon, still working on the property to begin smaller livestock.

@LunaticFringeInc- Howdy Texan! Yea I have been poking around a bit and this place doesn't have its shortage of colorful characters!

@Montana Rancher- Yea "normalcy bias" is exactly the way to describe my wife! Just when I think she is going to take the "red pill" she refuses to swallow and spits it.

@alterego- I hope she will come around, I think after she sees that most of the preps are common sense preps she will slowly come around.

Again to all thanks for the warm welcomes!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
the year of hell is posted on here
http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-talk/6432-year-hell.html

maybe a struggle to get her to read, but it has made a lot of nonpreppers change their tune

i think it's the full version (it's 1:30 something long well close to it)

you may just have to be crafty, what worked for me (hey babe watch this) may not be so easy for you

good luck...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Another hello from Minnesota.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts