Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hung up the phone with the U.S. Mint and ordered most all of the gifts for my family and the wife's family.

Uncirculated Walking Liberty coins for everyone but the grand parents (who are all too old to be concerned with collecting).

Why these coins? Because they are silver, therefore something that is real. They are worth something if we hit the societal or economic wall, unlike any "as seen on TV" stuff, the latest I-Phone or Android item or any of their accessories.

Even if someone on your list is not a prepper, you can help them be one without them even knowing it! :mrgreen:

The United States Mint · About The Mint

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Awesome. I have heard of others ordering from here, so its about time I did also. Question for you, when going to the link it just takes me to the home page. When I go to "shop" I type in Walking Liberty and it doesn't look like the right thing. Do you have a link to exactly the ones your talking about?

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that.

Click on coins and medals, and then the "American Eagles" which is the 7th dot down.

Some of us call them the Walking Liberty for obvious reason. I should have used the mint's term. My bad.

Is this one taking you to the American Eagle page?
The United States Mint Coins and Medals Program

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for good prepper gifts? I'm not sure what I should buy for the novice prepper, they don't have a gun license so that won't be an option, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ammo! Lots and lots of ammo! Make it in your favorite caliber so that, if by chance they never buy a gun, you can borrow it from them! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ammo! Lots and lots of ammo! Make it in your favorite caliber so that, if by chance they never buy a gun, you can borrow it from them! :mrgreen:
HAHAHAHA that just made my night :)

Reactions: Rocky

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for good prepper gifts? I'm not sure what I should buy for the novice prepper, they don't have a gun license so that won't be an option, anyone have any ideas?
Just go over to the Survival Gear Review section of this forum....all the ideas you need are right there!!

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL!
Did you read the OP? That is the point, an inferred answer before you asked it.
No prepper would not appreciate a silver coin.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can save $10-15 per silver coin by purchasing these though APMEX.com The mint is charging 50 per coin...you can get them for 37 via APMEX.

They are great gifts! I'm getting them for the people in my life too!
Yuppers, but I don't want to buy a tube, I want them in the box. Different. Coins by the tube are for me. ME!!!! My precious!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yuppers, but I don't want to buy a tube, I want them in the box. Different. Coins by the tube are for me. ME!!!! My precious!
I buy the American Eagles (Silver) Proof editions. I get them monthly for myself and my boys. They are for investment purposes. I figure for my boys who are 3 & 4 years old that when they get in College those Silver Eagle Proofs will be work a nice mint :) BTW the 2012 American Eagles are sold out! Can't wait for the 2013 to become available. I brought quite a few collector collections from U.S. Mint this year.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I buy the American Eagles (Silver) Proof editions. I get them monthly for myself and my boys. They are for investment purposes. I figure for my boys who are 3 & 4 years old that when they get in College those Silver Eagle Proofs will be work a nice mint :) BTW the 2012 American Eagles are sold out! Can't wait for the 2013 to become available. I brought quite a few collector collections from U.S. Mint this year.
I hear ya! I ordered the one ounce silver coins each year - even if they don't mean anything to me, personally. An example is the Infantry coin. I don't imagine they'll ever make one for the MP corps. Maybe I should suggest that!

Hey, did you get the S.F. proof set, with the reverse proof? Looks really nice.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I hear ya! I ordered the one ounce silver coins each year - even if they don't mean anything to me, personally. An example is the Infantry coin. I don't imagine they'll ever make one for the MP corps. Maybe I should suggest that!

Hey, did you get the S.F. proof set, with the reverse proof? Looks really nice.
In fact I did. I'm also going to p/u a 4 sets of the 2012 complete Silver Proof sets that just went on sale. Here is the link LIMITED EDITION 2012SILVER PROOF SET!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I gave everyone in the family new hand guns last year Ruger was pleased with me I think so was the local dealer.
This year long guns. Been saving and planning this all year.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm on a huge budget, so I go to wal-mart (yeesh I know) and get them knives, right now they have some pretty nice box sets with kershaws and gerbers for 20bucks!

I have a feeling if i bought silver eagles, they would never be wrapped or taken out of my personal stash! :) I'm too greedy when it comes to silver!!

Reactions: Denton
1 - 19 of 19 Posts