Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
I never thought of putting grease in them, I'm about tired of the aerosol can grease, it shoots everywhere except where you want it to go.:shock:

The syringes are also good for applying super glue, or solvents in small amounts. For example acetone and M.E.K. Solvent melts and bonds ABS materials.If you are using a small amount of poly or vinylester, just dip the needle into the M.E.K.Peroxide for the correct 1 1/2to 2%

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anybody out there tried Gunzilla? Its made in Michigan and has gotten lots of endorsements from active duty battle harden soldiers. its will not poison you like other clp products either.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
After I go out shooting, I clean that weapon. That includes a complete fieldstrip, inspection,cleaning,oiling and grease. I feel that my weapon is my best friend. I take care of it, it will take care of me. But, that is me, it has been beat into my head. Think of it this way, in time on need,when you squeeze the trigger, you want to hear a bang, not a click. IMHO
I shoot every day in the winter, spring and summer so I'd wear my guns out that way. Since it's deer season presently, the gunfire has tapered of to nothing and I need a fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mobil1 grease on shiney spots and mobil 5w30 everywhere else.

Semper Fi

Seabreeze

·
Registered
212 Posts
This thread is vaguely erotic.
If you like to pet your gun.

I prefer to use Slide Glide on all my firearms.
It is a grease which stays put and does not migrate in your holster, or when in the heat.
Wipe off with a paper towel then discard prior to cleaning. Prevents the grease from coagulating.

If in an actual long term deal, ( disaster what not ) less is better.
Brian Enos's Slide-Glide Firearm Lubricant & Gun Grease

·
Registered
190 Posts
Keep in mind if you go home after a successful day on the range zeroing all your rifles, get home and bore swab the barrel with oil your zero will be effected the first and maybe the second shot after cleaning. I always run a dry patch thru it when I get home from the range. If I burned a serious amont of rounds then I'll remove any buildup before I hit the range, zero then go home dry swab and re confirm. Just me 2 pennies.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I use a combination of Ballistol and Tetra Gun Grease. I've heard that FrogLube CLP was great and some people use Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil. Hope that helped.
I use tetra grease on some parts and ballistol on my black powder guns. There are a lot of oils that will also work well for a gun such as Mobil 1 as will bearing grease in small amounts. I much prefer things that don't attract dust and dirt though such as molly grease or tetra. I also prefer CLP however if we have a SHTF situation it would be a little tuff to come by I would imagine.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I have been using the same quart of Mobil1 for a couple years now, I wont be purchasing another anytime soon. 6 Quarts is about a lifetime supply for a dedicated shooter.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've used various greases on firearms with the only being finnicky to it a DI AR, but you still can at a lessor level at the bottom of th BCG and guide tracks in the receiver. A piston AR doesn't have any problem with it as do my other rifles and pistols. All greases are not the same though and the old timey peanut butter snot grease your grandpappy had in his barn isn't the same as a good modern firearms grease designed for the job and thinner. I use Tetra grease mostly these days with CLP for all my lubrication and cleaning needs. It keeps it simple. Same as an OTIS kits does.

Tetra Gun Grease 1oz Tube

http://www.tetraproducts.com/product_view.asp?ID=1

·
Registered
190 Posts
Superlube actually works really well on firearms also, even though it is not a specialized firearms lubricant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts