Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ELK "B" tag in a special drawing from the fish and game. A "B" tag means I can shoot an additional elk this year but it has to be a cow or calf (antlerless), oh darn I guess I'll have to put up with that testosterone, hormone, vaceenie free meat for another year.

So now I can shoot a bull elk AND a cow elk, should net an easy 450 lbs of meat, sigh, time to clean out the freezer.

Oh BTW Montana sucks, tell your friends.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Yeah, Montana sucks! Where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

Sorry, my uncle was a sheep rancher in Montana (Big Timber). He bought me that shirt when I was a teenager. Personally, aside from 9 months of winter, I really like the place. One of my cousins still lives there. She's a Wildlife Biologist for Fish & Game.

Good Luck on your hunt. I hear the largest population of Elk in the Rockies is up there.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Ironic I was watching 3 elk meander by the path in front of me yesterday. Of all places central California. They relocated some here in the 80's and I guess the population near the reservoir is about 300 now. They issue about 15 permits a year so no chance I'll ever see one in a scope.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Alpine AZ never seen as many elk before or since. The sight is not as fun when instead of a good rifle you have the wheel of a PT Cruiser in your hands on a dark foggy night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts