Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I came across a nice spot to meet others like yourself in your area. www.meetup.com You can organize a meet or join one. I didnt even know about this until I stumbled across it one day. Power is in numbers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Meeting up locally definitely has a lot of advantages. I mentioned in an earlier post that we were using our state chapter of the American Prepper’s Network (APN) to divide our state into the five DHS regions and promote regional meetups.

The effort has met with mixed results. A couple of the regions have really taken off and people now meet regularly (camping weekends, potluck picnics, etc.) outside of any prepper forum framework. Other regions aren’t taking any action at all (no leader types), even though there are many APN members in the region. It seems like some people/regions are eager to meet up, but others are very isolated if not paranoid about being known or standing out. That really surprises me because, once you connect with local people, you can all sort of drop your internet exposure and work amongst yourself if you so choose.

It also appears that those that live in rural areas, are knowledgeable and fairly well setup, are less likely to be social than those who live in urban areas and are trying to gather knowledge and materials. I guess it comes down to your personal prepping mindset. If you’re thinking about teaming up in preparation for natural or man-made disaster, you tend to want to hook up. If your thoughts go to New World Order, Agenda 21 and FEMA camps, then you might tend to trust less, hunker down and stay under everybody’s radar.

Still, meetup.com is a great start to pull local people and resources together. It would be great to hear if someone from this forum is successful in getting even a small group set up.

·
Registered
693 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's a great idea! I'm not much of a people person to begin with (because either I"m just plain odd, or most of the rest of the world is!) I most definitely do not want to be stuck in a SHTF situation with people who are obnoxious, homicidal, lazy, of a panicky nature, or otherwise stressful to deal with. I guess I should get started on that pretty soon, huh?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know I'm not a social bug either and I have trust issues. I just want to surround myself with people that are ready like I hope to be. Hell we dont have live together. We just need to build communities that are strong and able to survive and let's face it is going to be a little easier with a group than by yourself. You will be able to cover more ground when on the search for more food and such, have more resources and have someone to watch your back and more guns than the thieving thugs. It will be a hard way of life but I think this world needs a good cleansing. My only motivation is the children.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm having trouble getting a local group together to meet as well. People don't seem interested. If you're trying to find a group
to stick it out with when shtf check this thread out. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=674

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks survival. The pleasure is all mine. Like mountainman is having trouble getting a local group together well, I used to be one those people that was not interested. Then I woke up one day and realized am I nuts you can't face a SHTF scenario by yourself. Well don't really remember how I got here but I'm going to put it on fate. Everyone here seems really cool already and I'm a sponge for knowledge so I'm ready to ride the vessel as far as it can take me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas!! I know that if SHTF goes into more than a few weeks then we will all be forced to band together into bigger units to survive. From day one I will have the assistance of my 3 grown sons and son-in-law for support and protection. They are all well versed in the use of various weapons and own many guns as well as bows. While this small band will be able to stand together for some time it will still be necessary at some point for us to band with others should SHTF become a new way of life. At this point I prefer that my neighbors and friends other than my family not be aware of our stores or weapons.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For sure on that. I'm really protective on my list on stuff I have. I have a neighbor 3 houses down that loves to brag about how much food he gets from the food banks. I will pull him in later on to educated him. He is not ready as he should be. He always ask well how much stuff do you have? I kinda chuckle and say oh about the same. I just dont want to have to turn people away because I didnt prepare to feed them to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts