Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
I picked up some extra pistol mags a few months ago, but I wish I had grabbed a few more pmags. I have around ten right now which is fine, but would still like a few extras. I picked up 1000 rounds of 9mm and 1000 rounds of .223 on black Friday. Maybe that will hold me until sanity resumes. I am going to pick up a small turret press and dies for .223 and 9mm. I can see how reloading will have more advantages than just cost in the future as the government looks for more ways to track ammo purchases.

· Registered
280 Posts
Funny how people forgot what happened after the 08 election. As soon as stuff came available again you should have been preparing..
Or after 9/11.....
Or the 1994 'ban'....
Or....

Reactions: Fuzzee

· Registered
363 Posts
I'm avoiding the frenzy buying this time around. It actually wasn't nearly as bad as 08 till that horrific situation last Friday. That really kicked it into overdrive. But, I do hope the politicians realize that restricting our 2A rights are going to cause them a lot of problems and they may very well lose their position next election. I think things will calm down and everything will be plentiful again. It seems the conversation is switching to a topic that is really at the root of the problem, mental health. You don't blame a car when a drunk driver kills someone. Why blame a gun, when it is just a tool. We as a country need to find realistic ways to stop these senseless killings and really get to the root of the problem. Anyway, I think things will calm down and though we may see some type of legislation, I don't think it's going to be as bad as what we all fear. There will be compromise. Keep in mind AFAIK, there is an AWB in Connecticut yet this lady was able to own a Bushmaster. So I really don't think things are going to get as bad as we think. But then, I've been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife:)

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Funny how people forgot what happened after the 08 election. As soon as stuff came available again you should have been preparing..
Yep. But there's alway the possibility of the extreme too. You never know and I don't under estimate how big of a scumbag Obama and the other politicians can be. They prove a lot regularly.

· Registered
280 Posts
It will take longer to slow the tragic events [mass shootings]
when solutions are decided by emotions.

I don't know how anyone could ever stop all of the 'crazies'.....
History is full of them.

· Registered
280 Posts
I have never learned how to reload, bought the stuff once but didn't know how to use it. Guess it's time to find a class.
Class or no class.....
get a loading manual or two and start reading it.

Last years' editions are normally cheap and will have
all of the basics. Read it, then read it again.....
Amazon sells 'The ABC's Of Re-loading' pretty cheap.

A current Lyman 49th Edition is affordable.

· Super Moderator
10,267 Posts
Class or no class.....
get a loading manual or two and start reading it.

Last years' editions are normally cheap and will have
all of the basics. Read it, then read it again.....
Amazon sells 'The ABC's Of Re-loading' pretty cheap.

A current Lyman 49th Edition is affordable.
After reading the many posts on this subject, including from my reloading post, I have learned how much I don't know about this. My next purchase is the book you and others have suggested and a dvd on the subject. I think that's a good start.

· Registered
206 Posts
I think Buds Gun Shop in Lexington Ky sold over 500 "BLACK RIFLES" this week so far! I was there this morning and thats all that seemed to be going out the door!...sometimes in two's...three's and four at a time!

SSGT
I was in Palmetto State Armory this last Monday 17 December just a couple of days after the shooting and they had sold and shipped over 4,000 AR configs in the couple of days since the shooting and were, by Monday, operating on a two week backload of orders. They have the inventory, just not enough ways to get them packaged and shipped.

· Registered
4,373 Posts
A local gun shop to me, in CA, has put a sign up indicating they are closed until Jan. 2 - no inventory anyway. Those picking up firearms after waiting periods must come
in between 4-7 PM those are the only hours open, and not open during those hours for sale. Sign also read no ammo in stock for 223, 9mm, and 308.

I was in Palmetto State Armory this last Monday 17 December just a couple of days after the shooting and they had sold and shipped over 4,000 AR configs in the couple of days since the shooting and were, by Monday, operating on a two week backload of orders. They have the inventory, just not enough ways to get them packaged and shipped.

· Registered
206 Posts
Midway USA is still allowing PMags to be backorders at regular price, no increase....you can order 2 each in four different colors or 8 total....they are not gouging prices...I ordered 8 and got confirmation email at the regular price...Wal-mart here is still selling Wolf .223 at $4.97 a box....picked up more today for long term storage. Food storage at this point is more important to me....working on that too....
Yeah, I too have been ammo'd-up for more than a decade. We're into rotating food stores now and adding more freeze dried. We're also into putting more diesel and gas into barrels and adding some redundant water and first aid preps and meds. I've added a few extra parts for the old farm truck that is not so electronics reliant plus we added a spare set of tires for the two SUVs and both trucks.

The biggest thing we are doing right now is probably fortifications - passive stuff, not so noticeable but still yet, put in place just in case.

· Registered
21,643 Posts
Been getting ready for years rotating ammo using oldest first. Weapons well hidden. Supplies guarded. We will survive.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just wanna say I just came back from three walmart in my area and their cabinet is all stocked up with all types of ammo. If you are in North of Atlanta you should go and get what you need right now. I think they must have just gotten shipment in. But then again it seems like every wednesday they are stocked up. Prices are still the same. Cheap cheap

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.