Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am knife shopping. Looking for a full sized, fixed blade. Any suggestions? Don't want to spend a ton.

·
Registered
365 Posts
This question is like asking what your favorite food is.
There are a billion different knives and a billion different brands out there.
Im a fan of Kershaw, Benchmade, Gerber, Cold Steel for some "inexpensive knives".
I usually only buy US made knives too (you have to watch 'cause many manufacturers ((such as Kershaw)) have US and taiwanese made knives)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This is my baby, I bought it last year for only 10 GB pounds (15 US bucks), the steel is probably only low-grade which is why it was so cheap, but it's main purpose is to scare zombs, hell it scares me..:)

Big knife trumps little knife!
Okay Buzz, show us what you got!

·
Registered
855 Posts
What's the purpose of the knife you're looking for? Are you looking for a general camp knife, a hunting knife, a fighting knife? Maybe a compromise of all those? For a general purpose knife I would consider the Kabar U.S.M.C. fighting knife, they've got an excellent reputation and are tough as nails.

-Infidel

·
Registered
496 Posts
What's the purpose of the knife you're looking for? Are you looking for a general camp knife, a hunting knife, a fighting knife? Maybe a compromise of all those? For a general purpose knife I would consider the Kabar U.S.M.C. fighting knife, they've got an excellent reputation and are tough as nails.-Infidel
Had an Vietnam era one, but got stupid and lost it on a camping trip years ago. Over all, and considering how man years the Kabar has been around, it will be my choice again, but one with the serrated edge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In my recent years I've been trying to buy American made gear exclusively. Benchmade, Bark River, and Blackjack Knives all have really nice made in the USA blades of almost every style.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I ordered a schrade extreme survival knife. Saw good reviews, and can't beat the price. I will review it when I've had it and used it for a few days.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry being polite is a waste of time. Feel free to not waste anymore if it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GP - sorry to have upset you. I apologize that I did not show more appreciation for your post. It was very informative and the pictures were very helpful. Thanks again for your input. Please forgive me for not being more appreciative.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cantkilla, I originally was going to go with ka-bar, but I thought I would get something a little cheaper to ensure that I really know what I want. If the knife that I got (schrade extreme survival) lives up to its billing, I might have saved myself some $. If not, I will have a better idea of what I am looking for in an upgrade. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I will update on the new knife after it gets here and I play with it for a while.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ok then...;-)

I have had my Buck 119 for nearly 35 years....Great all around camp/hunting knife - its done everything I needed and it was made in the USA.

BUCK

1 - 20 of 27 Posts