Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
481 - 499 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's always an uproar when a big ol black bear comes into the city. Nobody has a gun within 10km I'm sure, and they end up killing people's dogs trashing property and otherwise scaring the crap out of the local fauna.

I'm not happy about it, but I've taken a black bear here with a 9mm (only rifle I had on me) and he was looking at my dog funny. Point is, a simple carbine or pistol is more than enough to keep them away but nooooo, guns be scary.

In the bush, nothing knocks doughnuts out of bear like 45-70, or the cartilidge out of your shoulder haha.

·
Super Moderator
9,608 Posts
There's always an uproar when a big ol black bear comes into the city. Nobody has a gun within 10km I'm sure, and they end up killing people's dogs trashing property and otherwise scaring the crap out of the local fauna.

I'm not happy about it, but I've taken a black bear here with a 9mm (only rifle I had on me) and he was looking at my dog funny. Point is, a simple carbine or pistol is more than enough to keep them away but nooooo, guns be scary.

In the bush, nothing knocks doughnuts out of bear like 45-70, or the cartilidge out of your shoulder haha.
I've shot a 45-70 once. Once was enough.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts

·
Registered
8,945 Posts

·
Registered
8,945 Posts

·
Registered
8,945 Posts