Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

361 - 380 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Off topic a bit...

The two FBI agents that were killed in Miami...the perp was watching them on his phone via the doorbell camera.

If they haven't been aware of these cameras before, I hope they become aware of them now.

One more thing to worry about when you put your life on the line every day.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Off topic a bit...

The two FBI agents that were killed in Miami...the perp was watching them on his phone via the doorbell camera.

If they haven't been aware of these cameras before, I hope they become aware of them now.

One more thing to worry about when you put your life on the line every day.
You mean?..... the FBI didn't know about doorbell cameras?

·
Registered
5,718 Posts

Yikes, I'm glad I read this part of the thread. We have a glass front door now, and I was going to replace that over-priced thing with something more solid. I had figured on something like a "computer picture button" just in case the intruder was ready to shoulder-open the door.

As you know, this is suburbia. And on any day, and at any time, I can see the neighbors across the street with either doors wide open of locks unlatched. The excuse is, "We have children."

Hey, how about a dog-tag chain around the kid's neck with a house key? You kid can get home safely and you house won't get trashed.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
If they haven't been aware of these cameras before, I hope they become aware of them now........
The FBI has been aware of them since they first started showing up. Part of their investigation technique is to scan the area surrounding a crime scene for cameras.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
@BPH, I'm actually interested in this "camera idea." I think it would be a good thing to photo/film the perp and keep thugs from trashing a house. My dad used to tell me that robbers busting up a house caused more damage to the furnishings than they did in actually pilfering the valuables.

My dad invented locks and updated items almost like a hobby. For example, he also collected those glass Hellman's Mayonnaise jars, washed them out, and had an entire shelf full of integral lock improvements and ways to limit the number of pieces a new lock would require.

I have not handled one of your little cameras. Are they photographic or will they film a perp in the act?

·
Registered
8,702 Posts

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
You can sit at work and watch the Fed-Ex guy drop off a package on your smartphone.

This is the kind of thing I am looking for. In fact, our front door is "inset" into our porch, which blocks the sight we wish with one front corner of our home. Hard to drop a hoodlum with a camera (or a firearm) as needed.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
361 - 380 of 437 Posts