Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister and her husband bought a new car in December. We were having a BBQ a few weeks back and I asked if they traded in the Chrysler. My brother in law said no, they'd only give him $750 for it, he wanted at least twice that. I knew the car, and offered to sell it for them and try to get the $1500. I booked it and listed it on CL for $2900 ( under book ) and sold it in 3 days for $2,500. They were elated.

So last night they took us out to diner as thanks, and he proceeds to tell me he bought a 3 month emergency food supply from Costco, a shotgun from the local gun store, and "bunches" of 12 gauge ammo. My wife was floored. These were the folks who wanted the golf condo and country club membership when my dad died and "let" my brother and I have the desert property and farm land. We've talked with them for years about being prepared to blank stairs. It wasn't me. His company put him on early retirement last week. He didn't plan on retiring yet, but got a nice deal so he's happy. They will pay his social security equivalent for 7 years, he's 55.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is a good feeling, I am afraid most of my Friends even with Families are lucky if they have a working flashlight. I am pretty sure I will have a really hard time with the people I will need to turn away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.