Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post good books to check out at say barnes n nobles or whatever for survival.

I am looking for methods to purify water, make shelter, metal work from scratch, how to make a good first aid kit ETC.. Thank you in advance! I will be going to a book store soon and checking it out!

·
Registered
110 Posts
One of my favorites is Bug Out:

BARNES & NOBLE | Bug Out: The Complete Plan for Escaping a Catastrophic Disaster Before It's Too Late by Scott B. Williams, Ulysses Press | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Audiobook

While it is fairly simple and not very detailed at some parts, it is definitely a good read and a must if you are into prepping. Plus it's a fairly cheap book so I would highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet. Also, it doesn't talk about metal working or anything like that, it's more of an overview on how to survive the coming apocalypse (as the title describes).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you search through this forum? There are several books listed, here.
I did not, probably would be a good idea :p. Thanks, and I see you found my book post! Disregard my comment from before ha.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here are a few on general survival:

1. SAS Survival Handbook, Revised Edition by John "Lofty" Wiseman: There is also a guidebook, same content as the Handbook just smaller size for packing in a bug-out bag. Handbook is easier to read.
2. 98.6 Degrees, The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive by Cody Lundin
3. Survive! Essential Skills and Tactics to Get You Out Of Anywhere - Alive by Les Stroud

For advise on Bug-out bags try these (both have chapters on First Aid/Medical items):

1. Build the Perfect Survival Kit by John D. McCann
2. Build The Perfect Bug-out Bag by Creek Stewart

Hope this Helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For skills like butchering animals, building cabins, felling trees, etc. - Back to Basics and the Foxfire series

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am off to the book store later today!

Reactions: Not Crazy Yet

·
Registered
26 Posts
One of my favorites is Bug Out:

BARNES & NOBLE | Bug Out: The Complete Plan for Escaping a Catastrophic Disaster Before It's Too Late by Scott B. Williams, Ulysses Press | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback, Audiobook

While it is fairly simple and not very detailed at some parts, it is definitely a good read and a must if you are into prepping. Plus it's a fairly cheap book so I would highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet. Also, it doesn't talk about metal working or anything like that, it's more of an overview on how to survive the coming apocalypse (as the title describes).
This one looks like a good choice.... Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
One of my favorites is "How To Survive The End Of The World As We Know It", by james Wesley, Rawles. It has a lot of very good info. I've read it two or three times, some sections more. I don't know if they have it at Barnes & Nobles or not. I got my copy a couple of years ago, and I think I ordered it from Amazon. The Foxfire books are also pretty good. I read them many years ago! I need to dig them out again! B&N here did have several different military survival manuels that contain some pretty useful survival info. Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts