Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out scouting today and found what might be a possible BOL location. There is a park just right down the road where i am located. There are two big lakes, and two streams. Lots of brush and plenty of trees to hide a tent or make a good shelter. I live in a City so i could use some input.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think you need to plan to get as far away from populated areas as quickly as possible. Bugging out means get out of Dodge, not pitching a tent in the same area as thousands of people competing for the same resources. A tent is good for keeping out bugs and rain; it does nothing to protect you from predators. You need to get away from cities within one to 24 hours.

You need to develop an escape and evasion approach. How to rapidly get out of the city and avoid crowds, traffic, etc.

I strongly recommend you rethink and keep scouting. Look for rural areas that are isolated reachable by back roads. Buy a bike (or better yet, a motorcycle) and get the heck outta Dodge before sundown.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I don't live in the city, so I don't know how much worth my input is, but it seems to me, that if something happens, that makes people need to leave their homes, there will probably be a lot of people heading in the same direction as you. Of course there are so many things that could happen, would make it depend what to do, but off hand, if I was leaving my home, I wouldn't stop until I was way clear of the city.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts