Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some troubles at work, involving an employee who is dead set for retribution, So I will be very limited to my computer, just to cover my six.
I will try to check in daily, and I sure will be going throu withdrawls, becouse I dont like typing on my phone.
I will be lurking in the background. I l truly enjoy this site, and hope everyone is well. Donnie

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Donnie, you take care of yourself. you should get a pad or kindle for 200 bux and be able to go online using you phone service stuff. don't ask me how it works. i read this site in bed every night before i drift off to sleep. take care of yourself, deebo. people like that suck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Serious injuries typically prevent people from going to work...

Hurry back now. I quite enjoy your commentary.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Any decent computer from a pawn shop can be stripped back down and run as a Linux box for web surfing and e-mail. Same goes for a lot of garage sale PCs.

I'll try to find a link to it, but somewhere there is an article about a guy who wanted to illustrate how bloated windows had become. He bought a garage sale PC that was 3 or 4 years old - definitely not top of the line. Then put some slick minimalist OS that he created from Unix/Linux on it. He wasn't parsing spreadsheets or databases but showed how much faster it was than a brand new PC from the store with the latest Windows OS on it. He ran his tests based off of what he felt 90% of the home PC use was: web surfing, e-mail, streaming video & music, and some other stuff like maybe archiving family photos. Oh and he did printing from Google Docs.

Anyway - point is, you can get good stuff for cheap and stay plugged in.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Can't find it now...

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
DLTBGYD, and hope you get the all clear soon.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Darn, Donnie. Too bad that rat fink has it out for you. I hope you can drop in from time to time.

And GT? I have no fargging idea what you said. It sounded very intelligent, though...

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
There was a guy once who brought a measure of disarray to my family and more than a little consternation for my wife at work. He and I had an honest, heartfelt conversation at the conclusion of which, he was a believer. I never laid a hand on the man but made my intent clear without ever levying a threat. He went away that summer and has not been heard from since.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Sorry you are being hassled by the Man, Donnie!

I hear ya about thumb-pounding on the phone. I try and use a tablet while at work. All it does is make me insane.

I use a cheap, Acer Chrome at home. It works well for what I do and the cheapness means more money for important things (silver and bullets!)

Hang when you can, don't endanger the job.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
There was a guy once who brought a measure of disarray to my family and more than a little consternation for my wife at work. He and I had an honest, heartfelt conversation at the conclusion of which, he was a believer. I never laid a hand on the man but made my intent clear without ever levying a threat. He went away that summer and has not been heard from since.
Had a couple of those myself, with daughter's(s) boyfriend-wannabes. Same results, thankfully. :wink:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Chime in when you can Deebo. If "moral support" is required, I'm sure we can figure it out....

If you are in a leadership role at work, and even if you're not, document everything that supports your side of the story.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
At work they have keyloggers, I don't do anything at work that relates to my personal life or sites I visit. For the most part they have shut us down to only news and weather, that's fine with me. At least they let us know it was coming, too many folks abusing the net, and not doing their job. One bad apple spoils it for all. When you're at work, work. Keep your personal stuff at home! :)

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They will never get the best of me. I just hate typing on this phone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.