Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
IF that's the case, it didn't seem to help the value much! They had to suspend trading at one point today because the value was dropping to fast. :shock:

Current Gold Price: 24 Hour Spot Gold

Gold Halted On CME For Stop Logic Event - Business Insider

Isn't 30 Billion the amount of gold Germany had given us to hold for them only to find out we sold it to China? They've been raising hell wanting it back from us for a year now.

Only watch if your prepared to be far more scared of our governments condition than you already were!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Paper gold and real gold...two different things.
True to a point. If the markets value was $5 a pound when SHTF, you can bet that's what people will be using as a starting value for the real stuff though. BUT, if there ever is an EOTWAWKI scenario, it'd be a full lifetime or more before gold regained its value, IF it ever regained ANY.

In all seriousness, here we are. Two people standing amongst rubble, with looters running around like crack heads, I've got two shot gun shells, and you've got a wheel barrow FULL of gold... More likely you'll be getting shot than anything else today. And I probably wouldn't even bother to take the gold! Maybe I just saw a Twinkie sticking out of your pocket I wanted! The reality our government wants us to believe, and the reality as it may become have little to nothing in common.

THIS is why store shelves are empty of ammo, and gold has been steadily dropping in value for the last year straight. People are FINALLY WAKING UP! ::clapping::

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
There are 100 times more paper gold than there is real gold. Silver is also not realistically represented. The paper markets are what are driving the prices, not people's true attitudes about real money. While the price of paper gold is being manipulated to give the appearance of faith in the dollar, gold is still being bought and hoarded by, say, China.
China Gold Imports Continue To Impress [SPDR Gold Trust (ETF)] - Seeking Alpha

By the way, the real stuff is being stocked by the nation working ardently to topple the U.S. as the government with the world reserve currency:
Yuan moves one step closer to global currency status

For a time, the only thing that would be more used than gold and silver as a store of wealth and barter would be ammunition. Ammunition can be stored for quite some time, but obviously not forever. It wouldn't take a generation for silver and gold to retake their places, and the only thing that would get any of my ammo would be silver or gold in the case of TEOTWAWKI.

·
Registered
570 Posts
For a time, the only thing that would be more used than gold and silver as a store of wealth and barter would be ammunition. Ammunition can be stored for quite some time, but obviously not forever. It wouldn't take a generation for silver and gold to retake their places, and the only thing that would get any of my ammo would be silver or gold in the case of TEOTWAWKI.
Agreed. Barter is all fine and dandy, unless I already have a ton of the caliber you're willing to trade, or even worse, I have no interest in it at all. Gold and silver make excellent mediums for exchange, and will probably be the one thing I'd accept for any ammo deals after SHTF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts