1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
less than a second after you pull it out you will hand it over to the person with the gun in your ear.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Save all of your old jewelry especially any neckless or bracelet. You can break off a strand or two if necessary and use to barter.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Not to mention when the gubbermint bans the possession of gold, they will know where to go.
But they can't do that... oh wait they did do that once before.
I guess they can

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anytime people say the government can't do something, they only have to look at history to understand that our government has most likely already done whatever it was before...

Funny Quick Story - A few years after my grandfather passed away, we were working on the landscaping when we unearthed tires in really thick plastic bags. Brand new tires, Goodyears. According to my grandmother, the government was collecting up extra tires and rationing what tires you could purchase so my grandfather took an extra set for each vehicle and buried them in the yard. He also buried all of her brass candlesticks, which we went back and located for her. I will never forget the smile on her face when we put them in her hands.

·
Registered
570 Posts
less than a second after you pull it out you will hand it over to the person with the gun in your ear.
Or you don't pull it out without having somebody providing security for you, or without being aware of your surroundings, and know that it's good to show your money. Simple enough concept.

OT: Cool idea, one of the biggest downsides of gold is that it is way too valuable for everyday usage. Equivalent of walking around with nothing but $100 bills, and shopping in dollar stores. This appears, at least in part, to solve that problem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In a SHTF scenario, you will most likely not be making small purchases but large value ones such as transportation, health, shelter, lots of food and water, and much more examples. Normal, low priced, everyday item prices will largely be inflated also. A small wafer of gold will go a long way and will be accepted at more post-SHTF vendors.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
Or you don't pull it out without having somebody providing security for you, or without being aware of your surroundings, and know that it's good to show your money. Simple enough concept.

OT: Cool idea, one of the biggest downsides of gold is that it is way too valuable for everyday usage. Equivalent of walking around with nothing but $100 bills, and shopping in dollar stores. This appears, at least in part, to solve that problem.
Too rich for my blood. I'll stick to my silver. A little here, a little there and it won't break the bank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts