Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a buddy that farms and back in 2014 he bought a 20 acre plot. I was helping him full time at this point with planting and harvesting. This plot of land has a barn, two car garage, pond and an old houses the house is not liveable and would need to be torn down but everything else is sound. When he offered it to me before he just wanted the farm land and I could buy the rest which would be around 6 acres.
I'm excited think about the possibility's that would come from this purchase. It would be a lot better place to survive then where I am now.
Not really much to have a conversation about but just wanted to let someone know. Lol
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
That sounds great to me. Is it somewhere you would add a house to live there? Does it already have a well?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,577 Posts
Congratulations, one big plus is that you know the area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds great to me. Is it somewhere you would add a house to live there? Does it already have a well?

Yes, the plan is if we get the place is to build in the next 3 to 4 years. This will hopefully let the prices settle a bit and give time for our daughter to graduate highschool. It will be in the same county but different school system.
It does have a well already drilled and is hooked up to county water as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, the plan is if we get the place is to build in the next 3 to 4 years. This will hopefully let the prices settle a bit and give time for our daughter to graduate highschool. It will be in the same county but different school system.
It does have a well already drilled and is hooked up to county water as well.
That sounds good. Wells are expensive. You might could find cheap RV or travel trailer to use there until you could build. Might be a place to go if things get ugly before then. At the least a place to go hang out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Luck wished, sounds like a good situation. I would try not to do a well though because of the toxins absorbed in the earth from many farm practices.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Property ownership is sublime... TRUE property.. Not those 1/10th acre lots in the city, but 5-150 acres in the country! Generally less regulated, less bothered, less noisy (unless it's range day), and just plain better. Dig your hole-in-the-ground stuff first. Get plenty of grass growing on them. A storage bunker can still look like a hole in the ground years later. Especially from the air.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We own our house where we live now. We bought back in 2008 when we noticed rent prices where going up more then a mortgage in most cases. It's an older two story farm house with a full basement. It was built in 1942 and boy is it solid but it's only 1.5 acres but I'm only a few miles out of town and an old air force base. I would like to be farther out with a tad bit more land and less neighbors.

I talked to him this evening and shot the breeze for awhile. He will think about and let me know when and if he does wan to sell I have first dibs for sure. So all in all not a total bist got to spend 5 hours with a friend catching up and helping pit away his farm equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts