Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I just about sprayed my (GLUT N) free beer on the keyboard! No joking matter it sucks having to be Gluten free but
at least for the moment I have not evolved into being Celiac disease! I get down about it at times and offset it with humor
like this...thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I try really hard to be gluten free, it's easier on my thyroid, but I confess I have a really hard time ignoring the donuts in the break room at work! Lol

Sent from my SM-G530R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I try really hard to be gluten free, it's easier on my thyroid, but I confess I have a really hard time ignoring the donuts in the break room at work! Lol

So much coming on the market for us GF folks and it ain't all bad! There is a local bakery here that takes care of my needs hopefully you can find one too!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wasn't expecting that...thanks for the laugh :) lmfao

Reactions: Mrs. Spork

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,078 Posts
I love the "gluten free" movement.
It allows me to assess the intellect of anyone, and thereby determine if my time is being wasted, by asking one simple question of them.

"What is gluten?"

The responses are often comedy gold, chock full of fiction, and nowhere near correct.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not very intellectual but I've read a theory that says that on a molecular level wheat looks like the bits of thyroid that the immune system attacks in hashimoto's disease which is why lots of peeps with hashi's feel better going gluten free.

My definition of gluten: the bits in wheat that are stretchy and squishy and make excellent breads and delish desserts ;-)

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
@SDF880, others and I have shared some gluten free recipes here at Prepper Forums and I am thankful. I do not have Celiac Disease but a number of years ago I was diagnosed with severe Osteoarthritis. An active lifestyle, joint damage due to sports and generally being an idiot American Male, a few surgeries and my life was quickly becoming painful. With pain comes less activity and with less activity comes weight gain.

I finally found out that my osteoarthritis was compounded by the effects of wheat gluten. It was an allergy of sorts. Since I cut out gluten I've lost weight and feel so much better.

Yeah, my buds give me crap but I give them lots of crap first! I'll never go back to eating gluten and really don't miss most items that are made primarily from gluten.

And I can damn sure make most recipes that traditionally call for wheat products by using gluten free products and most folks cannot tell the difference!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Slippy I went GF free Aug 5th 2015 and I was set free! 3 days into going GF I had my brain fog lifted and within a month a surprise side effect was
my joints stopped hurting and 95 % of off and on lower back pain went away! I get tested annually now for Celiac but other than that no issues and I will stay GF for good! : )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts