Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Global warming scientists forced to admit defeat... because of too much ice: Stranded Antarctic ship's crew will be rescued by helicopter

Chris Turney, a climate scientist and leader of the expedition, was going to document 'environmental changes' at the pole
In an interview he said he expected melting ice to play a part in expedition
MV Akademik Schokalskiy still stuck among thick ice sheet 1,500 nautical miles south of Hobart, the Tasmanian capital
Called for help at 5am Christmas morning after becoming submerged in ice
Australia's back-up ship, Aurora Australis could not break through"

For those of you who are unfamiliar, these people were heading to the camp of a famous Antartic explorer set up in 1912, but they couldn't make couldn't make it to that historic camp because of the thick ice. Global warming my hairy behind.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I was laughing at this story earlier today; the ironies of those crying about global warming just continue to mount. The faster people reality global warming is a redistribution of wealth plan the better off we will all be. What a bunch of morons, but I have to wonder who's paying for it?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
hey as much as it's "bull shit" there should still be a concern, pollution is not a laughable business...

there was some truth to the theory, but environmental scientists refuse to team up with geologists to come up with enough evidence, and scream the same word over and over, (add some record weather patterns) people will listen, and believe it to be true

there was enough evidence to suggest a chance in weather patterns were coming, due to the rate we were polluting the world... global warming sounds scary enough to act on...

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Yup.. Laughable. Some of These same people were screaming in 1974 about the coming ice age. Guess they got it.

C02 for the record is not a pollutant. Should we watch what we do.. Sure.. But this global warming crap is about control. Nothing more and nothing less. Unless your al gore then it's about money..for him.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I think we need to republish the Darwin awards for 2013, just saying....

Reactions: slewfoot

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Yup.. Laughable. Some of These same people were screaming in 1974 about the coming ice age. Guess they got it.

C02 for the record is not a pollutant. Should we watch what we do.. Sure.. But this global warming crap is about control. Nothing more and nothing less. Unless your al gore then it's about money..for him.
i thought the fear was based on cfc's and carbon monoxide, and well founded... just got twisted so many times it became a house of cards destined to collapse, global warming, in the sense of pollution linked to climate issues is as real as it gets, but in the sense "oh this will cause the next ice age" is people watching too many movies

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
No more ice means the earth is warming up faster. Get back on the bus.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
So, I'm still waiting for my share of global warming...

It was freezing or below until 2PM today and at 4PM it started to snow.

How the heck am I going to test my new chronograph without some warmer weather?

C'mon guys and gals... Get out their and run your lawn mowers, cars, trucks, grass trimmers and snowmobiles! We could use a bit of global warming.

Carbon monoxide is not a "greenhouse gas" - The worse offender is methane followed by CO2 but there are other factors at work here folks. The highest level in the fossil record of CO2 was at the beginning of the coniferous period - just before the world was covered with forests and rain forests. The average temperature was considerably warmer than now. There was no Ice Age do to the carbon dioxide - it just made the plants grow. That made the CO2 levels drop and the oxygen level to twice what it is today and the earth was covered with six foot bugs! (they breath through vents in their legs and the O2 content regulates their size. The last time that methane and CO2 were at their highest the earth was an inferno - it was due to volcanic activity and even with the ash and green house gasses it took 1000 years to begin the first ice age.

The position of the continents, the effect on the ocean currents, and the air travel around the globe all have to be in the right frame to make it colder or warmer.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
So, I'm still waiting for my share of global warming...
come visit Australia and you can enjoy my share, ok ok it's naturally hot this time of year... but you get my point

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Hey, if we installed great big heat exchangers we could cool you off and warm us up.... and probably destroy the world shortly after that.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
think about the energy generated... it could provide clean, free electricity until the world goes boom

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I say we leave the boat there, with the "scientists" on board until the ice melts.
Ok with that plan. Send a card don't worry earth is warming up you should get out in 10,000 years.
Along with a copy of some of Al gores writings.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
When I was in school they taught that this earth of ours goes thru period's of glaciation then a slow warming trend. I once read that someone stated it was the earth breathing. the last glaciation was about 22,000 years ago then the warming trend started, someday it will start to cool and the process begins again.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The earth is always changing. It may take it awhile to get there. We humans will be gone a long time before the earth goes by the wayside. They will be oceans that turn into deserts and deserts that will turn into oceans. They will be warming and they will be another ice age too.
What kills me is that we give ourselves to much credit, like we have the power.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The earth is always changing. It may take it awhile to get there. We humans will be gone a long time before the earth goes by the wayside. They will be oceans that turn into deserts and deserts that will turn into oceans. They will be warming and they will be another ice age too.
What kills me is that we give ourselves to much credit, like we have the power.
Exactly.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Al Gore predicted that by the end of 2013 the Polar Ice Caps will have disappeared. Not only are they still there, but they are 50% bigger then when he made that statement. I could call him an idiot because not only are the Ice Caps still there, but they have grown larger, but he is a couple of hundred of million dollars richer. I guess that idiots are those who bought in to his scam.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.