Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede - Daily News

A worker at Walmart was killed after employees tried to create a human chain to slow down shoppers who stampeded like the ****ing cows they are through the doors to get their Chinese plastic. The article also says that people were told the store was closing because someone died and they complained about how long they'd been standing in line.

After my initial disgust and horror at reading stories like these, I think of what a realistic picture it paints for our future if/when TSHTF. I really dislike most people.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
It is sad. My wife and I are spending the holiday weekend in California and joked with my sisters yesterday over dinner about shopping out. None of them were. I'm thankful for that, but one of my nephews and his new girl friend really made me think about his spot in my will. He's 30, no extended education, landed his first job in 3 years about 3 months ago (installing cable TV or Dish or Direct TV or whatever) and instead of saving a dime he's spending like a drunken sailor and frivalous xbox materials. 30 years home, living with mom and dad, xbox extra ordinair and borrowing his parents car because he doesn't have the money to fix his own (BMW). I wish I could enlist his arse in the Navy.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have to admit I was impressed with the absolute level of civility at Cabella's today. I can't think of one of the big box stores I would go near today.

Reactions: Ripon

·
Super Moderator
9,720 Posts
On the news this morning Best Buy was all but empty and Grapevine Mills had few cars in the parking lot. I was amazed. I guess all the excitement was at Wally World.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede - Daily News

A worker at Walmart was killed after employees tried to create a human chain to slow down shoppers who stampeded like the ****ing cows they are through the doors to get their Chinese plastic. The article also says that people were told the store was closing because someone died and they complained about how long they'd been standing in line.

After my initial disgust and horror at reading stories like these, I think of what a realistic picture it paints for our future if/when TSHTF. I really dislike most people.
An example of if/when the SHTF you want to stay as far away from places like that as you can. This is just a black Friday, image a total breakdown and people storming the stores looting, taking everything they can carry, many people will die, stay the hell away from it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I don't walk in front of stampeding cattle and I'm fine. These people are about as intelligent and caring of what's in their way. Best to slaughter them same and throw them on the grill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts