Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Aeropress coffee thread had me thinking about useful gifts. What other kinds of gifts for holidays such as Christmas, birthdays, Valentines, etc. could be given to friends and family? What would be most appreciated now but could also come in useful in an emergency situation? Is there anything you've given in the past that was a hit?

In the past I've given things like pocket knives and gardening supplies that went over well. How about you? Do you have any good ideas? I know we're months away from the holidays, but I like to plan way in advance.

Thanks ahead!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Re: "Annie" In the past I've given things like pocket knives.

Frankly, I look for anything else but knives. Most of my clients and friends expect me to give knives as gifts--but they never think about after Christmas or birthdays when knives have to polished or lubed. Then the knives seem to come back to my house!

I'm thinking of just mailing "Initialed Enema Bags" or tickets to Chicago Bears games. Around my area Chicago Bears Tickets are used to patch plaster...

·
Super Moderator
3,481 Posts
I usually give home canned soups, stews and baking mixes.

Reactions: Annie

·
Registered
608 Posts
My son gave me a box of 9 mm ammo, he loves me.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually give home canned soups, stews and baking mixes.
Btw, I'm looking forward to some new canning / pressure cooking threads from you whenever you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't mind one of those for my birthday, which is only a couple of months off BTW. ;)
July? I'm thinking it'd make a nice anniversary present. Hubs and I are coming up on 32 years in July.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
A wrapped bottle of Jack Daniels or Jim Beam might go over well, for the adults. These are trying times, and if they can handle their liquor; that seems to be a good gift.

And it’s cheaper than the still.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im making a bug out bag for my best friend/roommate and her mom for her birthday. We have already discussed plans of what we would all do if a disaster hit. She would go to her mom and get to her brothers house so we would be splitting up. This way she has 72 hours worth of survival gear for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts