Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes they are Gary. For whatever reason you prepare it is a good thing. Hard economic times or natural disasters will see you dipping into your preps anyways so theres a good enough reason right there. Keep up the good ideas. I personaly have a small stream 9 months out of the year that runs from a spring on my land. As well as a well. I still need to work on my long term water storage. Ive liked some of the gutter rain water catches but I have redwoods that clog up mu gutters so I need to some more work on reseaerching that as a viable 3rd source of water. and storage system.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Actually boiling water then bleaching it is your best bet. If you dont know the exact measurement you use a 5 gallon bucket and 5-6 tsp bleach or there are pool test kits that will test the chlorine content for more accurate results.

I mean this is for unknown water, River water etc....Fetid water obviously needs to be avoided.

·
Registered
887 Posts
There is also many many premade filtration set ups out there but Im a low budget prepper and the only other filtration system I have is my BoB camping style filtration.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Havent watched this yet but....

From there you can find several other versions of sand/charcoal systems but I didnt catch this one describing what kind of sand to use. I would assume youd use a grain size that doesnt wash into ur final product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts