Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Seeing as how I'd take even a Standard M1A over just about any AR15 anyday of the week I think it's a good deal. You're now in the world of steel receivered, hard hitting, piston action, Garand lineaged, commercial M14's. A very good world to be in. I'm looking at going back to just them and trade off my current piston AR coming up for another Scout. Shouldn't have sold my last one, but it was a time I was still thinking my family might be worth a damn when the shtf and the M1A/M14 would be too much for them. Now I see I shouldn't bother with them. Their a lost cause as far as using any of my weapons. Give that baby a quick go over breakdown to see everythings in order. Lube it up with grease and shoot the hell out of it. If you've got any questions, I and a few others are long time M14 enthusiasts and M14TFL members. There not that hard to do some basic accurization on with putting a set of shims on if the gas system isn't unitized and a trigger job can be had for as little as $35 and a quick mail off to either SAI or Bill Springfield. I prefer to Tubb's chrome silicon springs for the hammer and op rod spring, Sadlak op rod guides and a few other parts, but even a basic M1A can be a good shooter. It depends on the rifle itself as they all don't shoot the same, the ammo it likes best and the shooter themselves. Lots of places for parts these days though and upgrades. JAE-100's if you want, a good old fashion usgi fiberglass, Sage stocks, Troy's, ArchAngel's, laminates and woods. Scope mounts, precision parts and flash suppressors and muzzle brakes.

:)

My once Standard with usgi H&R barrel.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Went in to CA hell hole jail for 10 day wait. I never understood making someone who owns
as many guns as I do wait 10 days - ike I need a cooling off period.
It's because one bullet from the mighty M14 can destroy small planets. They know this so you must wait till they can find enough desks to hide under and wimper till they feel safe.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Actually possession oh a magazine over 10 rounds is not yet illegal here in CA. We just cant buy them, but we can buy parts to a magazine. We can even buy all the parts, and if we happen to put all the parts together it's ok, but we can't sell / trade it that way. I actually enjoy meeting folks out of state and explaining that one. Out of state retailers are fun. We call them up and say great deal you have, I'll take 10, but can you break em down into all their parts for me! Some actually do this for us, bless them. Yep I already lined up 3 days of work, t-w-th to make some money for magazine parts, ammo, reloading dies, etc.
Yeh, that's just stupid, no offense. But from what I've seen from California politicians, stupid is their standard thought process. I'm sure you've got your reasons for living there , but if it was me I would move up out of that place.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I get the same comments---"oh ,I'd leave---how can you live there?". Some folks actually think they're gonna escape the upcoming draconian laws in their state.
And they think it's easy leaving relatives and jobs
See this is where you've got a big misconception in thinking that every state, or group of people or individual is going to bend over and pucker their cheeks for the federal goverments will. If my state does than either I'll move or resist in particualr ways. Depending on what happens. Either way I'm not dictating to a defeated attitude I've seen here already with various members.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I said NOTHING about groups or individuals. I see you're implying that I'm bending over.Screw you. I'm working in NY here to PREVENT the spread & maybe save you some heartache.
I'm NOT running like you are willing to do. Defeatist attitude??? Screw you again
You could calm down you know and not take everything as a personal assualt on you. We're not enemies to my knowledge and people of atleast some common mind simply discussing here so relax.

I'd like to screw me, but I'm a giver, not a taker and it doesn't work well. :mrgreen:

In running you mean if my state bends over to a certain point, that I'd leave? Of course. I'm smart enough to know when it's time to run and time to fight, and some things are not worth fighting over. Only a fool tells himself he's a coward to run when it's time. More than likely a dead fool in time also. If my state takes it in the rear and enough people here are fine with it and supply the lube, I don't want to live in such a pos state. I'd rather live in a state with more people of character. I'm not overly attached to my state anyways though and was already looking to move to a colder climate in time.

:p

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sure but not to any great extent and the only negative incrementalism we experience seems to come down from the federal level...

The point is, when it comes to gun rights we don't have state government working against us, where as in other states's NY,MD,CA,CO etc...they do.

That is the difference...
That nails it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Now's a good time to get yourself squared away with the tools you need. Tools are one of the downsides to the M1A/M14. I've barked for years on the forums about how it would be great if Sadlak or SMith E. invented a toolless gas system with a folding hooded front sight, but they don't seem to agree. Lots of people are traditional so I can see the market to some extent, but the other upgrades have most certainly sold. Either way you'll need a combi-tool for the plug and a cylinder wrench for the gas lock so you don't strip out the spleens which keep the gas cylinder tight to the barrel. It would also be a benefit to buy a spare set of bolt guts. Springfield has a problem making a good extractor, but the extractor like on all rifles is one of the weak spots and worth having more of.

M14/M14 Rifle Parts Scope Mount, Spring Guide Gas Piston Sadlak Industries

Smith Enterprise, Inc.

LRB OF LONG ISLAND, INC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.