Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've always wondered what preps the "experts" have tucked away. And who made them experts. Did they go to PU, Preppers University and get a masters degree or a PhD in prepping?
As critical as they are. "Experts" and all... I envision people like "Gold Finger", "The Man with the Golden Gun", "Dr. No", various other Bond villains.
View attachment 3092

OR, a bunch of 13 year old kids sitting around eating Cheetoes, grading people as part of their "Board Games and Comic Books Club"... To tough to call!

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
I don't think the "experts" have much expertise. They like big blue barrels filled with water in your garage,and lots of little cans and jars of food in your cupboards, they love buckets of expensive presealed food you buy survivalist stores, but are somewhat ignorant on other means of surviving.
Yup. They ask if you have food and water stored up, then ask the questions I thought more pertinent, then graded me on the amount of food and water I have stored up. Also, when does the S hit the fan? That isn't taken into consideration. I figure it being at the end of the peak growing season so I can be prepared to make it through that. They also want to know how much meat you have stored. I took a hit on that one. Pfft. Lower Alabama is a target-rich environment for meat. Heck, trapping wild boar will get you more meat than you can eat. Figure squirrel, rabbit, fish and deer...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Honestly there are to many variables to really say how long you can survive. Best thing you can do is plan to be ready, thats why we are all here. We are the few that are going to be ready for whatever we have thrown at us. none of our preps are perfect but we are for sure going to stand a better chance then the rest of the unprepared.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly there are to many variables to really say how long you can survive. Best thing you can do is plan to be ready, thats why we are all here. We are the few that are going to be ready for whatever we have thrown at us. none of our preps are perfect but we are for sure going to stand a better chance then the rest of the unprepared.
Like my neighbor told me the other day. "You'll see every pond and lake in this country LINED with people shoulder to shoulder fishing if S ever HTF... How many people will pull a gun on the first guy who catches something, or just club him with a bat to take it? That fish will change hands 6 times before it ever gets near a plate.".

He's probably right in most cases! No telling WHAT people will do.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I despise that stupid show with a passion, and I'm not that fond of anyone willing to subject themselves to it either.

"Practical preppers has evaluated your preps, and we'd just like to let you know what you're prepping for has very little likelihood of ever happening, regardless of what it was"

...if they're so sure all these scenario's are improbable to impossible, how come they built a business around it? They basically claim to be experts on something that cannot happen and that you're a twit for thinking it will.

I live near a river. Rate that water supply b*****s. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Unless i'm doing something wrong the best you can get is 82 with 16-20 months... -_- I guess no on is perfect!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah who are these expert Preppers? You never know maybe they do have some experience.

I will never forget score of 83,*Capt. William E. Simpson. At the end of the episode he basically called them idiots. I think he said he was at sea for 4 years already, and you wouldn't call that prepped? I think he is very prepped.

There had been some real idiots on the show. Like the guy who shot is thumb off! Don't stick your hand in front of a loaded gun ever!

I do like the show though. Mainly because it does give me good ideas.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Another guy and I were talking about the walking dead. He is a nurse too, as weird as it seems, if people got a virus, maybe an airborne strain of rabies, they wouldnt be dead but would be nuts and bite other people. In this day and age, you never know what will happen. I think we should prep for any kind of situation even the unlikly ones. Boston near me, has a lab with just about every bug known to man. If someone let something go who knows what could happen?
I despise that stupid show with a passion, and I'm not that fond of anyone willing to subject themselves to it either.

"Practical preppers has evaluated your preps, and we'd just like to let you know what you're prepping for has very little likelihood of ever happening, regardless of what it was"

...if they're so sure all these scenario's are improbable to impossible, how come they built a business around it? They basically claim to be experts on something that cannot happen and that you're a twit for thinking it will.

I live near a river. Rate that water supply b*****s. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
44, 2-4 months. My water score is low. Oh well, I am still working on my preps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
44, 2-4 months. Mostly based on our water supply. But since we have a gravity feed well, a creek next to the house and a river across the field, stock-piling water has been low on the priority list. I guess it's time to set up the rain water collection system!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts