Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Well, you know your people better than I, but keeping a group on the same track for 5 days is going to be tough.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The little one has added several wrinkles to the plan. Of course, if we're smart, everything goes into a primary vehicle, or two seconday vehicles, and we're out before the panic as a group. We can always come back and laugh about it if it was a false alarm.

We have one member who can be any place during the day due to the nature of his job. He can literally be 75 miles away, or 10 miles away. No way to predict.. Other than that, everyone is within 13 miles of RTB, one person is within 600 yards of the munchkin's day care, another is less than 5 miles. That's as good as we can get it for the primary goal of securing that situation.

This plan has been "What Iff'd" to death. The two people within close proximity to the kid know that is their primary/only function, along with loading what they can, situation permitting. They are not to wait if the situation is dire enough. We'll catch up later.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Neat gizmo Verteidiger. Gotta link?

We have two MTB's with racks and panniers front and rear, and an ever evolving methodology of attaching various bags and such to the frames. They are not for riding so much as for being the mules to be pushed. Refugees have known for a couple of hundred years you move more stuff on a ladened bicycle than on your back.

I'm trying to come up with a way to modify/industrialize one of those kid carrier trailers that goes behind a bicycle to be used in a manner such as your cart. My hurdle seems to be how to extract the munchkin in the blink of an eye if need be, but still keep her secure during transit.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Fight like you train and train like you fight. People don't rise to the occasion, but fall to the lowest point of their training. Make sure that your reptilian brain reacts when your frontal brain shuts down because of panic, stress, and your pumper running at a level it has never seen. Control your breathing and fall back on your training. If you don't...we're splitting up your gear.

·
Registered
921 Posts
oh ill bet i havent practiced yet. I dont know how to get my BOB down to a realistic weight. i do walk from time to time with a weighted pack- just 10 lbs in it just to practice a bit. not nearly as much as i should. i have changed my eating and movement habits recently. im looking forward to the results of being able to carry more further! thanks for the photo and the reminder!~brandi
Brandi - you're a fine girl. :lol:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.