Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always carry two Beretta Micro Px4 Storms in my GHB. They stay in my car at all times from September to April, but the rest of the year I have to take them out because they will rust in this humid environment. Is there any good way to keep this from happening? It must get 120 in my vehicle during the summer. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
They will not rust if you clean them and a nice coat of CLP .
I have weapon that were stored for 20 years with it. It is what we used in the military for a long time
Cleans Lubes and Protects.

Reactions: crystalphoto

·
Registered
243 Posts
I cannot recommend storing them in the car, for whatever length of time. Someone steals the GHB out of the car, they are rewarded with two nice micro PX4 Storms. Someone steals the car, they are now armed.... Just bad juju all around... Bring the GHB in every night, or do not leave firearms in the GHB. There are thousands of folks that have said “It will never happen here… “ Oh, and welcome aboard, from SC!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will not rust if you clean them and a nice coat of CLP .
I have weapon that were stored for 20 years with it. It is what we used in the military for a long time
Cleans Lubes and Protects.
Do you use it on all parts, internal and external? How about inside the barrel? And if yes, do I need to clean it before shooting....it is a SHTF gun and I would assume I won't have time for cleaning.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree with crystal, the storage in-car is really bad especially if they arent locked up.

My truck was broken in to about 6mo. ago.
they were probably crack heads looking for quick money as they left everything except my subs and head unit.
My truck has a lot of preps in it including a bob, large first aid kit, and other essentials...they left all of those (actually took my first aid kit and set in on the drivers seat so they could remove the subs).
They didnt look in the center console as I had a digital SLR in there (which I dont leave in there anymore).
I guess my words are sort of moot as they didnt steal my bob!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts