Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

tl;dr: I feel like we are not told the (full) truth on TV and newspaper. Am I too paranoid?

Today I was having my breakfast and watching the news - just like almost every morning (I like my routines). But since a few weeks I feel like they are trying to manipulate me with.. well.. maybe not really telling lies, but at least telling just part of the truth or to hide something by talking about other things or distracting me. Please allow me to give you guys some examples:

Building Window Fixture Rectangle Font

They said: "Government announced that gas storage is filled up 90% so we are unlikely to face any blackout or shortage". I got curious and checked AGSI. And indeed - we are on 90%. But I also read there, that we do have a consumption of 995.2735 TWh at the same time. So with 220.2848 TWh being 90%, a full storage would be around 244.760 TWh. So even our gas storage would be filled 100%, we would still consume 4 times of that.

What am I missing? Consumption is 4 times higher than what we can store max. How should that make me feel better? Thats like saying "yes, gas stations are out of gas, but good news is that your cars gas tank is full".

Another example (also from today):

Flash photography Tree Event Audio equipment Motor vehicle

They said, that the future of car energy will be hydrogen. All problems according gas shortage and stuff could be solved, especially with a future mix of electric vehicles and hydrogen powered cars.

OK.. but where does that energy come from? I am really not into that topic, but from what I read, it takes minimum 25% more energy to energize hydrogen than what you get back from it. So how will we benefit from this technology, if it eats up more energy than it provides?

Last example:

Output device Font Gadget Communication Device Electronic device

4 days ago they announced, that a guy from Africa invented a TV that produces energy. It does not consume energy, no, it produces energy by turning radio waves into energy. WTF!? Everyone who ever used a wireless charging pad for his iPhone knows how much energy it takes, how long it takes and how much energy gets lost. And this guy turns radio signals/waves into energy to power a TV and other devices in the same room. Don't get me wrong. He is not using some generator - instead the TV itself is that generator. Its all build into this TV. A "Perpetuum mobile". They also claim that Mexico and North America are already using this new generators for street lamps.

My friends from the USA. Please tell me more about this great technology that powers your street lamps by transforming radio and wifi signals into energy. Never heard about it before.

(translation below)
Purple Sky Violet Font Circle

Translation:

Free energy and wireless devices with their own power supply - this sounds good not only for Africa. Street lighting, which is no longer powered by solar, but with radio waves - also an invention of Chikumbutso. They are already shining in Mexico and North America.

FYI: This is not from some private news channel, trying to gain attention and making easy money. This is ARD - public service television.

Wikipedia:

ARD is a joint organisation of Germany's regional public-service broadcasters. It was founded in 1950 in West Germany to represent the common interests of the new, decentralised, post-war broadcasting services – in particular the introduction of a joint television network.

The ARD has a budget of €6.9 billion, 22,612 employees and is the largest public broadcaster network in the world. The budget comes primarily from a licence fee which every household, company and public institution are required by law to pay. For an ordinary household the fee is currently €18.36 per month. Households living on welfare are exempt from the fee. The fees are not collected directly by the ARD, but by the Beitragsservice (formerly known as Gebühreneinzugszentrale GEZ), a common organisation of the ARD member broadcasters, the second public TV broadcaster ZDF, and Deutschlandradio.

Those are just 3 examples from within the last 5 days. We get such news every day and I really feel like they are trying to manipulate me. Am I too paranoid? Do I just not get it right? Am I in lack of understanding physics and energy and stuff?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me add something here: I know, that there are reasons for not telling everything to the public. You want to avoid panic. I can understand this. But there is a difference between trying to keep people calm and avoid panic - and telling lies.

So even some politicians are trying to tell us bs, I would expect journalists to not eat it and instead investigate and dig into it to see if things are true or made up by politics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't your government mandate fuel use to go down they expect you to heat just one room of your house and have the rest of the house be refrigerated.
Pretty much, yes. Because some people are a bit afraid now and because fuel is super expensive, people started to buy electric radiators. If I remember right, 600000 heaters were sold and that's another reason a blackout may happen. Imagine all those hunderets of thousends of electric heaters turned on in winter. Much too much energy consumption.

BTW.. I bought fuel for my car today, as it was pretty "cheap". 1.87 EUR per liter. Thats USD1.84 per liter or USD 8.5 per gallon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts