Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

241 - 260 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Where are they hiding?

How come I don't see any Illegal Aliens rioting. Surely they have something to complain about; aggressive policing, insufficient benefits, something. If not now, when will there be a better time to upgrade your tv. Don't tell me they all have 80 inch flat screens.

Just my 2¢

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
again you totally missed my point. If you're deaf or suffering from some non outwardly visible physical condition, it is next to impossible for cops to determine your condition. Tuen around with a handgun pointed at most cops and it's not going to come out well.

Be naked in the middle of the street and not respond coherently with an officers questions then charge him while screaming at the top of one's lungs and it's definitely going to be a really bad day for someone.

You probably don't remember the case over the Florida Coastal waterway bridge where the cops came on a half naked individual chomping down on a fellow soul all the while growling like a mad dog. Bath salts will do that to you.

In this case you have an individual who had high blood pressure, had suffered from COVID 19 and had injested Fentanyl and meth. If you look at the video - really look at it - you'll see mr floyd doing his darndest to get up off the ground and from his verbalizations it's obvious that he is still capable of breathing. Now I know that's going to get a whole bunch of your panties up in a wad, but the cops asked him if he was on anything and he responded no.

Had he said fentanyl they'd have at least been able to tell ems to have the narcan ready. But nope he didn't say anything.

His death is certainly tragic, but

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
again you totally missed my point. If you're deaf or suffering from some non outwardly visible physical condition, it is next to impossible for cops to determine your condition. Tuen around with a handgun pointed at most cops and it's not going to come out well.

Be naked in the middle of the street and not respond coherently with an officers questions then charge him while screaming at the top of one's lungs and it's definitely going to be a really bad day for someone.

You probably don't remember the case over the Florida Coastal waterway bridge where the cops came on a half naked individual chomping down on a fellow soul all the while growling like a mad dog. Bath salts will do that to you.

In this case you have an individual who had high blood pressure, had suffered from COVID 19 and had injested Fentanyl and meth. If you look at the video - really look at it - you'll see mr floyd doing his darndest to get up off the ground and from his verbalizations it's obvious that he is still capable of breathing. Now I know that's going to get a whole bunch of your panties up in a wad, but the cops asked him if he was on anything and he responded no.

Had he said fentanyl they'd have at least been able to tell ems to have the narcan ready. But nope he didn't say anything.

I don't believe the toxicology report is back yet, I don't put much faith in the departments statements when they are in full CYA mode.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

Hasn't Diver told you? Cops are required to be magical mind readers. You know, for the safety of the public......

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Crap!!!! I've been doing this $hit for over 20 years and no one ever told me

Reactions: stevekozak

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
Folks! One very major point here is being overlooked. Cops are regular everyday ordinary people. Most police jobs are not high paying jobs. Some are really low paying departments. That said, because wages aren’t great, these jobs don’t attract the “best of the best” people. I’m not dinking on cops. I’m only saying that if you are paying $40k a year, you are hiring a $40k a year guy. Not a lawyer or rocket scientist. So if we are paying average wages, why are we demanding above average performance from these officers? We are taking high school grads, giving them a little additional training, and expecting perfect job performance in every situation. Almost all of these large democrat controlled cities are deeply in debt and have grossly underfunded police departments paying shit wages. We are getting exactly what we are paying for. Many many good people, some slackers, and a few who are only in it for the power trip the gun and badge gives them. Around here we have dozens of small boros and townships that pay cops $15 to $20 per hour. You can imagine the caliber of police officer $15 per hour buys.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Folks! One very major point here is being overlooked. Cops are regular everyday ordinary people. Most police jobs are not high paying jobs. Some are really low paying departments. That said, because wages aren't great, these jobs don't attract the "best of the best" people. I'm not dinking on cops. I'm only saying that if you are paying $40k a year, you are hiring a $40k a year guy. Not a lawyer or rocket scientist. So if we are paying average wages, why are we demanding above average performance from these officers? We are taking high school grads, giving them a little additional training, and expecting perfect job performance in every situation. Almost all of these large democrat controlled cities are deeply in debt and have grossly underfunded police departments paying shit wages. We are getting exactly what we are paying for. Many many good people, some slackers, and a few who are only in it for the power trip the gun and badge gives them. Around here we have dozens of small boros and townships that pay cops $15 to $20 per hour. You can imagine the caliber of police officer $15 per hour buys.
While you are right about cops just being human beings (something that DOES get overlooked a lot), I take small issue with the pay argument. I have worked in a lot of jobs in my life. I have hired and fired people. The one maxim that I have found to be true is: A man that will not give 100% for an $8 an hour job will also not give 100% for a $30 an hour job. It is about work ethic and personal responsibility. If you are not willing to give your best effort for a low-paying job, then don't take a low-paying job. I have seen McDonald's workers who took pride in what they did and gave that job their best, and I have seen highly-paid professionals half-ass their positions. It really is not about the money. My father told me, as a small boy, that if you take a man's money to do a piece of work, you do the best job possible, regardless of the wage. Anyone who is going into a public service job, like law enforcement, social work, public school teacher, had best have a passion for what it is they are doing, because doing it for the money really is not ever going to work out.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

Check YouTube. There was a case of a totally deaf and mute guy in his car who was dragged out of his car and beaten mercilessly. He tried to present a written statement to inform the officers of his condition, but they wouldn't look at it, just beat him up. Yes he won his lawsuit, but now he is terrified of police. Another deaf guy was riding a bicycle and police shouted at him. He never heard them so they shot him to death. His family won that suit. Neither case involved the deaf guy doing anything violent. They were just unable to hear or respond to commands.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Folks! One very major point here is being overlooked. Cops are regular everyday ordinary people. Most police jobs are not high paying jobs. Some are really low paying departments. That said, because wages aren't great, these jobs don't attract the "best of the best" people. I'm not dinking on cops. I'm only saying that if you are paying $40k a year, you are hiring a $40k a year guy. Not a lawyer or rocket scientist. So if we are paying average wages, why are we demanding above average performance from these officers? We are taking high school grads, giving them a little additional training, and expecting perfect job performance in every situation. Almost all of these large democrat controlled cities are deeply in debt and have grossly underfunded police departments paying shit wages. We are getting exactly what we are paying for. Many many good people, some slackers, and a few who are only in it for the power trip the gun and badge gives them. Around here we have dozens of small boros and townships that pay cops $15 to $20 per hour. You can imagine the caliber of police officer $15 per hour buys.
My local police department back in the People's Republic of New Jersey (PRNJ) is paying over $100k per year and touts that they hire all college grads. They're not very good. :)

oh yeah, then there are benefits like you'll never see in the private sector.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
My local police department back in the People's Republic of New Jersey (PRNJ) is paying over $100k per year and touts that they hire all college grads. They're not very good. :)

Sign up. Easy money , benefits, nice car. . You get to beat up anyone you want any time you want. No one would dare harm you. You never know when the next felon with a gun will kill you to avoid arrest on his 5 outstanding warrants. Two for murder.
Easy money.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

Hey, If you have a much better background at dealing with folks how about signing up and doing something about fixing the problems you claim to see.

Don't know about the cops in your area, but I agree with Chief most here are honest hard working stiffs trying to do a job that most of the rest of America won't or can't do. Only to be monday morning quarterbacked by a bunch of santimonious fools.

And just for the record I'm hearing impaired

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I have a question.

I'll put it here instead of starting a new thread.

Question: Why is it always the group that creates most of the problems...has exponentially the higher violent crime rate....is always the group that yells the loudest about police brutality and unfair treatment?

Just wondering.....

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Sign up. Easy money , benefits, nice car. . You get to beat up anyone you want any time you want. No one would dare harm you. You never know when the next felon with a gun will kill you to avoid arrest on his 5 outstanding warrants. Two for murder.
Easy money.
It's a lot safer than driving a cab.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hey, If you have a much better background at dealing with folks how about signing up and doing something about fixing the problems you claim to see.

Don't know about the cops in your area, but I agree with Chief most here are honest hard working stiffs trying to do a job that most of the rest of America won't or can't do. Only to be monday morning quarterbacked by a bunch of santimonious fools.

And just for the record I'm hearing impaired
If those honest, hard working stiffs would do something about the bad cops your argument would go much further. Since many police departments will not take disciplinary action against bad cops, the PR problem continues.

The police may be 99.44% pure, just like Marilyn Chambers, but to regain the trust of the public, they need to be better.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If those honest, hard working stiffs would do something about the bad cops your argument would go much further. Since many police departments will not take disciplinary action against bad cops, the PR problem continues.

The police may be 99.44% pure, just like Marilyn Chambers, but to regain the trust of the public, they need to be better.
This is were you don't get it. Police departments do not hire the best people they hire those that fit a profile. Example at 10% of the LEO on Milwaukee police department have gang ties. But they fit what the powers in the city want. They like that kind.
Lot of Black LEO do wrong , but you never see that on the news. I am will to bet you have never honestly had a real problem with a LEO when you did nothing wrong.
If COP. Mayor, City , Fire and police commission, Fail to deal with below standard LEO. They are the ones that should have the world burnt down, the ones drug trough the streets. Not the day to business of the city.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I have a question.

I'll put it here instead of starting a new thread.

Question: Why is it always the group that creates most of the problems...has exponentially the higher violent crime rate....is always the group that yells the loudest about police brutality and unfair treatment?

Just wondering.....
I will have to admit it, that group sure sticks together and does exactly what their masters tell them. Even if what their masters tell them is totally wrong, based on lies and is irrational. It sure appears that group has an in curable cultural problem that may stem from mental illness at most and mental deficiency at the least. Inbreeding may be the cause of some of this.

Seems to me that this group is more than content to forever be the slaves that they are. Very sad.

241 - 260 of 309 Posts