Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I use a face mask a LOT around the farm, when I am cleaning the chicken coop and kitty litter box and especially spraying weeds. I also have uber bad hay fever and I need to wear a mask while bucking bales or feeding in the winter. This is the hands down best filter I've ever found:

Great deal on 3M Automotive 7185 at ToolTopia.com

The filter has a small diaphragm in the front that allows your to breath OUT without restriction, but the inhale breaths are fully filtered. If you are exerting yourself bucking hay (or SHTF hauling rotting corpses) it really helps to have the breaths less constricted this type of filter.

I don't think I've ever seen a post on masks, something to think about with all the nasty flu's that are out there and other high odor jobs we may face.

While I am on it, I also have several of these:

OM10 Gas Mask Filter Airborne Virus Protection Protect against Nuclear Bio Chemical H1N1 Flu Virus

I cut my military teeth on the M-17 gas mask so I went with this model because I'm used to it. Survive that nasty biological attack or HSA welcoming committee with one of these.

Oh and BTW the links are the cheapest prices to buy the items I mentioned unless anyone else has a better link.

What do you use?

Reactions: MrsInor

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
As cheap as gas mask are I don't see any reason why a prepper wouldn't have one, I have several Israeli gas mask that I bought years ago from cheapthandirt.com I think they were about 9 dollars then and when 911 happened you couldn't find one for under a hundred dollars. My niece was working at the time in New York and I gave her two as they couldn't get a hold of any, the biggest thing is that they would greatly increase your chances of getting out of a burning building as it is the smoke and poisonous gases that get most people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts