Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I couldn't find any recent posts regarding gas mask recommendations/education. Any budget friendly gas masks that are decent quality that may become useful in the current state of the world/covid variants?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
Hi all, I couldn't find any recent posts regarding gas mask recommendations/education. Any budget friendly gas masks that are decent quality that may become useful in the current state of the world/covid variants?

Thanks in advance!
I have 2 of the Israeli gas masks that I bought years ago. I would try a search for those. Newer masks will probably have newer type filters and could be better able to remove other particles from the air. I just haven't upgraded mine.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
You don't need to upgrade the masks as long as the valves work.
Just get the latest NATO 40 MM bio filters.
Tango may have a different route for you.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,314 Posts
The filter you choose will determine the protection you receive.
This study found that a P3 filter was 95-99% effective at stopping particles of .3µm or larger, but did not test for particles the size of the SARS-Cov2 virus(0.1–0.15 µm)
If your concern is viruses, you'll need to prep based on the variation you're expecting to encounter.
If your concern is chemical or radiological in nature, a different filter type might be better, over one intended to stop biological intrusion.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The chemical plants around here you would need a full suit depending on what popped off. It’s transdermal.

Look at the wind direction and head the opposite way !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts