Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was a thread about gangs, and would they fight each other or band together.

That made me think , and I remembered about The Detroit Federation of Motorcycle Clubs, the 1% er's.
It was formed to prevent turf and gangs wars in Detroit, but their clubhouses are statewide.

They have already banded together, and they have weapons and have used them before.

I must have posted the wrong Federation, the one I know has Outlaws, Renegades, Vigilantes, Devils Diciples(sic), Hell's Our Home, Iron Coffins in it.Then there is The Highwaymen.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable around the biker gangs that you mentioned that today's inner city gangs that have zero value on human life including their fellow gang members. Luckily most of these people have IQ's slightly above concrete and unless they have a leader with some smarts they will be dispatched quickly.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not real proud to say that the president of one of the above groups thinks he's my cousin. I know members of each of the groups also, and I'm still alive.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Agreed. Gangs with a creed generally get along fine in full view of the law for the most part. Gangs of teenage testosterone tubs are going to have serious flaws and be easier targets. If you ever saw MLK boulevard in Atlanta on a weekend night, you'd be surprised though at how civil & docile the gangsters can be when you're not there to start any problems. One time I stopped to help pull some guy's low rider off a speed bump in the CR-V and they were all smiles and handshakes. They were very visibly gangsters from the black rag faction, "Folk" I think it is. Just goes to show that in an everyday setting, if you come as a friend to help, generally nobody is going to screw with you out of sheer appreciation. Desperate and hungry, that's a whole other ball of flies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Biker gangs, Neonazi gangs, and other such organized crime factions that rally around a certain idea are much more likely to stay organized than a typical street gang. Look at Katrina, there was no allegiance to your gang. I saw an episode of gangland where the gangster said he was looting stores with rival gang members.

That being said, that doesn't make gangs that are organized even after the apocalypse less/more dangerous than those that aren't. Biker Gangs might not kill innocents indiscriminately like unorganized gangs, but they are much stronger than an unorganized gang, so if they do decide to harm you they will be able to do so with no effort.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Organised gangs could be a real problem in a shtf scenario. That's why it is very important to form a group with like minded people that you can trust. Trying to go it alone or play rambo will only get you killed in a hurry! I'm not saying that all gangs will be bad but we all know there are people waiting for the chance to prey on the weak!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am proud to say I have mixed with some of the best HA and Biker clubs in my area, not a problem, but what would be are the street gangs, but I live a long way from any big city and we don't have street gangs out in the sticks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i grew up around a lot of gangs. the OG's are very loyal and have honor to the code. today's gangs are nothing more than punk ass kids that think they hold weight in the world. back in the day, if you had a problem with somebody then you boxed it out. if someone pulled out a weapon, they would be handled. today, you disagree and people are quick to pull out guns. this new wave of 'thugs' is what has actually turned a lot of OG's away from gang life and a lot of those have outreach programs to keep kids OUT of gangs. it's a completely different world.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Outlaw biker gangs, "1 percenters", are quickly becoming a short-lived thing of the past. RICO prosecutions are preventing them from associating, taking their assets and declaring their colors a criminal enterprise and barring members from wearing them. Methamphetamine has reduced their ranks even more. Once they get hooked on the poison they are peddling on the streets they could care less about their respective clubs.

I understand the appeal of being a member. Who doesn't like power, women booze and all of the other trappings?

When I watched an undercover video of members of the Outlaws MC raping an underage girl on a picnic table I developed a contempt for them and their ilk that 25 years has yet to assuage.

I belong to a motorcycle club too, just a 99% club.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Well, guys, I'm a member of a motorcycle club--the CC Riders MC of Madison, WI. Got in when I was twenty, and now I'm 70, so I guess I've been in for 50 years.

But I am tired on the issue of "toughness." Yes, we had some guys that scared even me. For example, William "Tiny" Alexander was a beast with a 100% hilarious bend. I miss him, he came over to my house a week before he died. I guess God wanted us to square anything and everything; I laughed for several days. The funeral was packed, lots of cut-off colors. I wore mine for him...

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,543 Posts
There was a thread about gangs, and would they fight each other or band together.

That made me think , and I remembered about The Detroit Federation of Motorcycle Clubs, the 1% er's.
It was formed to prevent turf and gangs wars in Detroit, but their clubhouses are statewide.

They have already banded together, and they have weapons and have used them before.

I must have posted the wrong Federation, the one I know has Outlaws, Renegades, Vigilantes, Devils Diciples(sic), Hell's Our Home, Iron Coffins in it.Then there is The Highwaymen.
They have guns and I have guns, plus the odds are even if there is a dozen of them, and just one me.
Gangs are punks, and they can kiss my reeking butt hole. I put things very bluntly anymore, for a reason.
I will only die once, and when I do, it will matter: I won’t die as a coward, or a sycophant. I am speaking for myself, and no one else. Every man has to decide for himself, how he will live, and how he will die.
🐆 That’s a leopard by the way, and that’s how I have decided to live, like a big cat does. They ain’t afraid of nothin.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Having seen and ridden with real-deal bikers, I can verify that most of them are the real thing. In fact, we've had guys who did their tours in the Army and came to the club just to have some fun for a change.

I have now turned 70, I joined the CCRs while I was still in college. I cannot go past "Joey's Anchor Inn" in Madison without thinking about the brothers who have died.

MC clubs are like any other organization. Of course, they cut up on the weekends, but I can avow that bike clubs donate more true green cash for charities. In fact, most of the weekend rides are to gather money for such events.

If I hear a guy trash-talk a bike club it tells me one thing--he tried to get into the club, and he was instantaneously tossed out on the first vote...

·
Administrator
15,029 Posts
The only gangs around here are the drug gangs in Jacksonville, almost an hour's drive away.
Since I no longer work in the ghetto of that particular city, and since I do not use drugs, I'm not too worried.

Does the American Legion Riders count as a biker gang? 😂 🤣

Reactions: Auntie and inceptor
1 - 16 of 16 Posts