Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
If you do go, get there early as it gets busy.
Kid friendly, yes. But remember it is on E. Lancaster Avenue.

hi I'm "insert user name here" from "insert place here" I have been following this forum as a guest or I want to be involved in your online community

then get ****en involved, then decide advertising in this group of arseholes is right for you

but good luck...
Not a good way too welcome someone new to the forum

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Greetings from Texas, slewfoot.
How has life been treating you lately?
All is well here... we are getting much needed rain.

If I lived near you I would not join your group, it is not you,I have posted before that I would not feel safe in a group.If the SHTF Hunger and the change in the way people would have to live does funny things to a person and I do not want to be looking over my shoulder. I feel much safer just me and the wife.

Discussion starter · #49 · (Edited)
...I have posted before that I would not feel safe in a group.If the SHTF Hunger and the change in the way people would have to live does funny things to a person and I do not want to be looking over my shoulder. I feel much safer just me and the wife.
Slewfoot, you have made a very important observation. The intent is not to have a "compound", but to expand a network of independent individuals/couples/families. The participants are welcome meet in the neutral, low profile location for meetings, demonstrations, etc. but they would go back to their homes and follow their own bug out, bug in plan. A distinction not made clear by me. I will attempt to correct the oversight.

Well, I for one am going to steal your quote by Teddy. I might need it when I go for Jury Duty monday, if they try to tell me what to wear!
So now you have made a contribution...:)

Reactions: Dark Jester
Give an example of my poor grammar and I'll gladly correct it.
I am not an English teacher. My point was that making fun of his spelling errors is childish. It sounded childish when i pointed out your grammar is not perfect did it not? I can point some out if you really need me too.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
If it was your point to say it is childish, why not just make that statement? But, why jump into the conversation in the first place?

You stated: "Phoenix spells poorly, point made. Your grammar is poor. This is not a contest of wits and English proficiency. If it were you are currently on the losing team." You made accusations and expect me to accept them without a reply?

Again, my opinion is that there are many interesting threads to choose from on a forum such as this one... find one you like and let those that are new to the site or have differing opinions to their own conversation and set their own expectations. I think that is a way to get new people to feel comfortable enough to join and more importantly, stay and contribute.

I jumped into the conversation because you sound like you are looking to cause trouble with your words. All Phenoix did was welcome you in a intense way. Then you go about attacking his intelligence based off of his responses.

the part on spelling, and grammar is silly so I will not comment any further on that issue.

If you have something to contribute then contribute.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
The cause of the "trouble" is your jumping in when it was none of your business in the first place.
I'm sure "phenoix" can handle his own issues.
As for my contributing, let me make that decision and not give me directions.
It comes across as though you want to project your authority.

Welcome Dark Jester. I like BBQ and Beer and good luck with your Mutual Assistance Group. The MAG is a great idea but watch out for the drama queens...I've got my own issue within our MAG...a brother in law that is as fickle as a debutante on prom night and is all hat and no cattle... to steal a Texas phrase.

Have you got a story regarding your Avatar and Handle?

Good luck and be easy on pheniox, the toilet flushes differently where he is but he's a good dude.

You posted it online in a public forum, which makes it everyone's business.

It was not a directive, it was a suggestion.

I obviously have no authority over you...not sure where you got that from.

Good luck and be easy on pheniox, the toilet flushes differently where he is but he's a good dude.
I forgot about that! The toilets flush up down there don't they? No wonder he is such a jumpy little fart. I would be too if I had to dodge turds even time I took my morning constitutional. :lol:

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Welcome Dark Jester. I like BBQ and Beer and good luck with your Mutual Assistance Group. The MAG is a great idea but watch out for the drama queens...I've got my own issue within our MAG...a brother in law that is as fickle as a debutante on prom night and is all hat and no cattle... to steal a Texas phrase.

Have you got a story regarding your Avatar and Handle?

Thanx, Slippy!

I think the way we have refined our "admission qualifications" has helped to cull out and reject those that are more a distraction than a contributor. Having a few relaxed conversations with folks interested in becoming a member of our group has been an asset in which we can maintain an acceptable level of cohesiveness. Though not perfect, it has helped.

The Handle and Avatar represent the comments about my personality from those that know me; typically, I am good-natured but at times I can be rather direct and the sudden contrast comes across as, well... dark. I'm not mean or sinister, just direct and it sometimes catches people off guard. The best example is from the person that really came up with the moniker.

A man with a slovenly appearance was part of a group at a cocktail party discussing some entertaining topic suitable for mixed company, I can't remember what, when he started a side conversation and began to berate a young lady he didn't really know in the group. She was a bit meek and he was being abusive. Instead of excusing myself and pulling him aside to ask him to stop, I made a stern comment about how unacceptable his behavior had become. She said my mood went from a "jovial jester" to a rather "dark" individual in an instant. I guess I don't tolerate rude behavior well. It went back to "jovial" just a quickly as two gentlemen had since asked him to leave.

Not as pithy or amusing as your fickled debutante comment...

Reactions: BagLady and Slippy
41 - 60 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.