Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

FW Area Prepper/Survivalists Wanted...

14K views 84 replies 17 participants last post by  bigwheel 
#1 ·
We are looking for new members to join a Preparedness/Survivalist group based around Tarrant/Parker/Johnson/Palo Pinto/Hood and Erath Co's in north Texas.
Those interested should be familiar or open to an OPSEC-focused group. Trust and Security is essential.
Candidates can be new to Preparedness/Survival, but should be willing to learn new skills.
We are not a Militia, but firearms proficiency is considered a key element.
We think drinking beer and BBQ'ing should be an integral component to end a meeting/training session.
Those that wear a tinfoil hat need not respond...

#2 ·
hi I'm "insert user name here" from "insert place here" I have been following this forum as a guest or I want to be involved in your online community

then get ****en involved, then decide advertising in this group of arseholes is right for you

but good luck...

#4 ·
"hi I'm "insert user name here" from "insert place here" I have been following this forum as a guest or I want to be involved in your online community

then get ****en involved, then decide advertising in this group of arseholes is right for you"

but good luck...

Are you drunk? Seriously, where did that come from?

#8 ·
"hi I'm "insert user name here" from "insert place here" I have been following this forum as a guest or I want to be involved in your online community

then get ****en involved, then decide advertising in this group of arseholes is right for you"

but good luck...

Are you drunk? Seriously, where did that come from?
it came from the typical pattern of one hit wonders that come here either selling something, pushing their "survivalist" group of 1 or their militia, I hope I'm wrong in this case... only time will tell....

#5 ·
Hello from Minnesota.

I have been to Ft Worth more than a few times. You all have a saddle shop there that I like a whole lot: J.W. Leddy or maybe M.W. Leddy? Something like that. It is near the Stockyards. Anyway, welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for here.

#6 ·
Thanx and it's M.L. Leddy's... a very good boots and saddle maker, though expensive.
I've been to MN a few times to fish... it was awesome! Great folks up that way.

#7 · (Edited)
"We kind like to get to know people for awhile, just sayin'!"...
No disrespect intended, but the purpose of using forums such as this with aliases is for anonymity.
Having the ability to filter those we do and don't want to "get to know" is the point of using a forum.
Frequency of appearances doesn't necessarily equate to familiarity...
Nevertheless, nice to start a conversation with you.

#9 ·
"it came from the typical pattern of one hit wonders that come here either selling something, pushing their "survivalist" group of 1 or their militia, I hope I'm wrong in this case... only time will tell...."

Perhaps a "wait and see" tactic would have been more appropriate than fueling a self-fulfilling prophecy...

#14 ·
Perhaps a "wait and see" tactic would have been more appropriate than fueling a self-fulfilling prophecy...
well I'm waiting, still yet to see much otherwise, and you're not the first coming on here recruiting, and I'm one of the nicer ones...

good luck but get involved outside "come join my band of rejects" threads and let people actually see what your about, I'm too tin foil hat mad for you anyway, my tin foil hat is spinning alphabet soups at me

oh another question... nope that one is too low a hit....

Reactions: rice paddy daddy
#11 ·
Sorry, meeting people face to face from some online forum is not very high on my to-do list.

#16 ·
Hey Dark Jester...meeting the abrasive comments for not simply introducing yourself first before you went all ..."looking for folks wanting to be on this that or the other...." with snide comments of your own will not garner you many friends here. I would recommend simply accepting that you came across a little "Mr. Advertisement" on your first few posts and then start with a little get to know the folks here. Post a topic that relates to your overall objectives and see the responses. Start some dialog to garner some interest. I for one rate being on a show, or a public arena right up there next to castration or listening to R&B or Rap music...but het thats me....and I think John Conley was one of the greatest singers of all times. Anyways...I wish you luck and hope this thread doesn't turn into a bickering, name calling, waste of time...or it can...either I will enjoy.

#17 · (Edited)
I'm in.

Wait. I don't live in Texas. Son of a bitch. If it weren't for bad luck...

You'll have to excuse us "regulars" here. We're a pretty tight knit group and get hit with this all the time. We generally carpet bomb them for their effort and see if they stick around. Most move on. Some stay. Hopefully, you're not just a passer-by. This is a great forum that is multi-faceted with plenty of personality. Some are here for the political discussion, some for current events, some for weapons, others for canning, food storage, bug out discussions etc.

A little bit of something for everyone.

But yes, we prefer you buy us dinner, then lube us up before you try and stick it in. This forum is not like most others and we get pretty "defensive" when a new person swings in and starts "dishing it out". Likewise, even some of our veterans who get too squirrely, obnoxious or offensive toward other members, like the little ****er with this Avatar;
, get handed a heavy dose of smack down and run out of town on a train. We're all for colorful conversations, even some semi-heated disagreement in opinions, but it has to stay somewhat civil. A little time in service, or a really good come back, and you'll fit right in. Some of us have been here since this site started, like me. I'm one of the first few members.

So welcome aboard, and I'd love to hear more about your group. Sounds fascinating. Especially the beer part. ::clapping::

Nose Glasses Vision care Organ Beard

G
#18 ·
A good Scottish ale ...enter bel haven ..and some ribs sounds good right about now. All this talk of BBQ is making me hungry. So I have two questions for you dark jester what beer is your favorite beer and my second question is can you post any tips for BBQ? Personally I like to use pecan shells, hickory, and cherry wood to smoke ribs and then finish them off in the oven.

#19 · (Edited)
You jack pine savage! :D It totally depends on the meat. For pork, I usually use about 2/3 apple and 1/3 hickory. For beef, I like mesquite. I do get a fair bit of maple and cherry as scrap from my woodworking projects and I usually use those for sausages. As for BBQ recipes, we really need to start a whole new category for that. I LIVE for good BBQ and am plenty open to anything any of you has to offer.

Edit: My favorite brew is Killer Penguin. It is a seasonal (around Christmastime) from some brewer in Boulder, CO. It is the smoothest brandywine ale I have ever tasted. It is crazy expensive (about $15 per pint) but well worth every penny. Yours?

#23 ·
I have had Bombshell blond and that is damn good. I have a bad weakness for IPAs. There is a brewery out of San Diego that is pretty good with their IPAs, Lagunitas. They are a bit larger brewery than what I usually like. But their IPAs are pretty dang tasty. I have not tried their others though.

#26 ·
I'm in the DFW area.
Not a drinker myself, but I'd never turn down good BBQ.
Do you have any additional info you could PM me?
If "OPSEC" is truly one of your goals, then exposing too much might not be in your best interest. I'd understand that too.

#33 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the commentary. Some of it was actually worth reading...
Posts similar to my first one are not uncommon. I assume its because there are those that feel it is unnecessary to qualify themselves.
I, for one, feel it is okay to post a thread about a topic and if others are not interested in it, they should move on to one that captures their interest.
Instead, we all must see the drive-by comments from those that have little else to do, or they want to project their status or elite survival prowess. It gets tedious.
If you have a question to clarify any or all of a post, fire away. I'll be happy to answer either on this thread or by PM.
I have no issues with comments that explain the particular personality of a forum such as the one Old SF Guy made; no harm, no foul...

There are many interesting threads to choose from on a forum such as this one... find one and let those that are new to the site have their own conversation.

By the way, what is "pheniox" supposed to mean?

As for BBQ recipes, techniques, I suggest visiting the BBQ Brethren site.

#34 ·
Thanks for all the commentary. Some of it was actually worth reading...
Posts similar to my first one are not uncommon. I assume its because there are those that feel it is unnecessary to qualify themselves.
I, for one, feel it is okay to post a thread about a topic and if others are not interested in it, they should move on to one that captures their interest.
Instead, we all must see the drive-by comments from those that have little else to do, or they want to project their status or elite survival prowess. It gets tedious.
If you have a question to clarify any or all of a post, fire away. I'll be happy to answer either on this thread or by PM.
There are many interesting threads to choose from on a forum such as this one... find one and let those that are new to the site have their own conversation.
I have no issues with comments that explain the particular personality of a forum such as the one Old SF Guy made; no harm, no foul...

By the way, what is "pheniox" supposed to mean?

As for BBQ recipes, techniques, I suggest visiting the BBQ Brethren site.
You received a harsh welcome because, as you stated, many people pop on here to push some idea or product or site, and then we never hear from them again.
There is nothing wrong with promoting something, but it should be done with a bit more finesse.
Generally, folks will drop a thread into the "Introduction" section, and that usually gets the ball rolling in the right direction.
It's just hard to trust someone's credibility when they've made little effort to get to know the group before promoting something.
That's all.

As for phoenix, don't take it personal. He does that a lot. :grin:

#35 · (Edited)
I'm thick-skinned and generally ignore the yapping from the poodles...
So, it's "Phoenix". Maybe you could get the Admin to offer him a "spell check".

BTW, Kauboy, let me know the next time you are in FW and I'll show you some great BBQ.

#37 ·
... Your grammar is poor. This is not a contest of wits and English proficiency. If it were you are currently on the losing team.
Give an example of my poor grammar and I'll gladly correct it.

#42 ·
If you do go, get there early as it gets busy.
Kid friendly, yes. But remember it is on E. Lancaster Avenue.

#46 ·
Greetings from Texas, slewfoot.
How has life been treating you lately?
All is well here... we are getting much needed rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.