Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have a good product for pumping fuel (gas/diesel) from the tank to tank/can?

Hand pump Obviously. Might be a good thing to keep in the BOV.

found some on Grainger, but they were for like drums. found some at walmart.com but they seem so cheap and not very durable.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are the ones Ive been finding, and have been curiouse about the durablity of them. I may have to purchase one and give it a try as cheap as they are.

thanks for the postive feedback on it.

Link: Multi-Use Transfer Pump

View attachment 262
Cheap and works well. I've been using this pump to transfer transmission/differential oil for at least 5+ years now. Still works perfect.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Alright... so those pumps are $8 at harbor freight.... so the question is.... do you get two, one for water, one for gas. Or is it set up somehow to be interchangeable? My guess is that even if you changed out the hoses... the pump section would still get contaminated... so.... am leaning towards a second one for water. Why one for water? Well... you never know when or how you will get water.... and this looks handy if I'm using a ground seep still to get water. It should create enough suction to pull water for me.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I don't know if you have seen these but these are pretty cool. Down side is you need a type of electricity to operate whether battery or outlet. Just thought I would share.

View attachment 257
I have that exact one. Water is what I use it for but they are cheap, buy 1 for gas and 1 for water. They rule, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.