Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
started out with my oldr son at blm with tannerite, shot guns and the sks and mosin!
that was a good show.

first day was sling and clearing the malfunctions
covered a lot of things i never even thought of.
dinged my hands up pretty good!
learned the ready, high ready and then the feild ready.

favorite remark of the day was talking about not slinging your home defense gun so the cat doesnt play with it or it snags on something.
a military guy raises his hand in the back and says "gun owners dont have cats, SIR!"
these guys were super funny was a grueling yet doable course if you wanted it.

day two we learned at 50 and 200 sighting in and shooting positions.
prone, i didnt need my mat, kneeling, sitting and squating. i was about to do everything but the fast sit. i woulda turtled.
i kept prairy doginto look over my sights to see if i hit it. which didnt make sense at 200. we went iron sights, people had scopes and eotechs and the people with the fancy stuff held up the group needing batteries, not knowing how to use it etc....

hello 200 yrds!!! this was my target and tape over. my sights were corrected nicely! (this shot was at 50 yrds)

live sim was going into 2 canyons, we had to do both.
i ****ing rocked. i shot a shit talking guy with a broom stick. he said **** you. i felt it was good a time as any to shoot him. the people mover was cool.

there was some cool bug out vehicles there!!!

over all was a great course. i learned i could do so much.
seems all i need now is artillery and air support :)
do it. i successfuly completed this course and now am ready for skill builder rifle.

i couldnt help but to notice all these guns and no crime happened. i liked the gun rack outside the bathrooms.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Awesome! Sounds like you guys had a great time and learned a great deal.

How did the Mosin's perform?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mosin is smooth operator, i need a recoil pad though to play with the mosin. the two we got are absolutely beautiful from buds gun shop online. 130 shipped. just beautiful.

i do recommend front sight to at least hit the 2 day courses. best thing i ever did for myself. jst a super road trip oct is 4day skill builder pistol to front sight alaska. i did get us memberships which allow any course as many times as you like for the rest of your life. the people are super nice.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Looks like a productive outting.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
with life membership (to any front sight), living in so cal about 5 hours away. its still pricey to hit. 200 gas, 300 ammo (2day class .223), 3nights hotel 300.00, food 200.
count on double for 4 day, also if you shoot a higher than 23 calibur. they are now allowing factory reloads right now.
without memebership 2day course is 1000.00
4day is 2 grand

i find with out military experience, for me its worth it. theres a lot of cops and military and vets in the class. there was a lot more wimmin types this time. i had to get tactical about the bathroom lol :) LOTS OF PREPPERS>

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
i find with out military experience, for me its worth it. theres a lot of cops and military and vets in the class. there was a lot more wimmin types this time. i had to get tactical about the bathroom lol :) LOTS OF PREPPERS>
Awesome!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! (yes, I was shouting!)
Your broad smiles tell the story.
Alas, my old body wouldn't handle kneeling position without a follow up vist to my orthopedic surgeon.:shock:
Sitting? Do they have a crane to get me back up?:razz:
But in my younger days I did qualify Expert with the M-14 and Sharpshooter with the M-16.:mrgreen:

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got to, with two marines for kids, i have to make sure they get the best preps my small money can buy. they mean that much to me. its also good for me. its fun and i like having an ace up my sleeve. i hit front sight 2x per yr. the range is great, but front sight is better. it was about 42 degrees, then add some desert wind. not as bad as it was in november. id rather be cold than hot. if you notice i have on 10 million layers!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the cool thing was they said if it'll hurt you or looks like it hurts dont try it.
there was quite a few who didnt get down. i did but with knee pads. wasnt about to try the quick sit.
thanks rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the cool thing was they said if it'll hurt you or looks like it hurts dont try it.
there was quite a few who didnt get down. i did but with knee pads. wasnt about to try the quick sit.
thanks rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am finally recovered from this weekend. i cant stress enough the difference between front sight and range time. i get plenty of the latter. i am glad i was able to have this and my pistol class experience. i will make the most of it. i am not competition good, but i am brandi good. the improvement shows. wow does it show.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Great thread, shotlady! Very interesting reading about the training, your road trip, what it cost you in extras to take the courses, and the pictures really show how cool the training was.

Your son is a strapping young man - looks like military life is keeping him fit and in shape. I see now why you are so proud of them, and it is evident they think their cool Mom is the Bomb!

I know what you mean about the knee and elbow pads - you definitely end up in the dirt and dust, and I need all the extra padding I can get when I drop down and root around on the ground.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank ya'll so much it may not seem like it, but i do enjoy putting these stories together. and its cool, cause then you kind feel like you know a person you only see on line! well i enjoy sharing my life, my travels and my heart.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Got a link to this org?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts