Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple things like this will get folks by in the future. If only people could appreciate this stuff now instead of later. Frog legs are a popular item at Asian restaurants but growing up, there weren't many Chinese buffets around. My family still managed to have fried frog legs on occasions when Dad and my brother would go gigging. My mom refused to cook them because they gave her the willies but my mammaw just brushed off the way that they would twitch in the pan. The expression "tastes like chicken" does apply to frog legs...they do taste somewhat like chicken.

Fried Frog Legs

skinned and washed frog legs :mrgreen:
1 cup flour
sald and pepper
2 eggs, beaten
lard, crisco or oil

Mix salt and pepper into flour...this is to taste. Dip frog legs into beaten egg, then roll in flour. Fry in a heavy skillet in hot oil until golden brown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My mom used to make these for her. After I found out they were not chicken, she stopped making them. Dad always got mad after that if I didn't eat them. I wonder why?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am originally from South Louisiana and ate a lot of frog legs growing up. Good eatin', And yes, they do taste like chicken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts