Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Amazon wants to use drones to deliver packages in the CITY.
My daughter ask me what will stop Homie from just shooting them down and taking the package.
New Urban game smack the drone get a prize, American version of the piñata. (yes it is spelled right)
I see it now Homie and friends on the roof with a stolen tennis net.
Lady in front yard waiting on package as it comes down homie walks up stick gun in ear say thank you .
Non homie college kid finds away to hijack drone has package delivered to parking lot the other side of town.
This will be fun to watch Play out .

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My Wife and I were discussing these very points yesterday.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I liked the steal the drone and hold it for ransom idea.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I would like a counter-drone with a some type of a missile or firearm so when the package drone flies over my property it can be shot down in flames.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It will lead to government listening to everything watching everything.. Is there any technology to like just kill the signal of these things so that cant fly into certain zones?? Anyhow any way it plays out its one step closer to tyranny..

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I would love to hijack a drone; not to do anything with it or the cargo it may be carrying. But it would be fun to hack the thing and buzz hippies in the park with it!

Reactions: MI.oldguy

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Its a spoof, and a funny one!
They are not going to use drones to deliver packages. Yet saying they are is a good way for them to keep the topic of drones current and alive and draw attention to themselves. If you are Amazon its a win win.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not live in a City but if one of those fly roof top over my place ,it is not going to make it home.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't know why people think it is so easy to hit a flying object. They are thinking two dimensional when you have to think three dimensional. Your bullet is going to have to be at the same place the aircraft is in time. Try skeet shooting with a rifle but the skeet is going a lot faster and a lot farther away. WW-2 piolets had a hard enough time trying to shoot down other plane even if they matched their speed an had 6 wing mounted 50 cal machine guns.

Maybe if it come close enough and you put up enough lead.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I shot trap for many years I am willing to bet I will hit the thing. In the back of the the vault there are a couple real nice Remingtons with some long barrels on them. Then there is that old 36 barrel 16 GA goose gun
Better yet maybe on of the remote helicopters and crash into it

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
this won't get past the hyped idea phase. The first time one of these pilots doesn't see a speeding box van and loses a 340$ go pro the program will be scrapped. I mean just straight up error is the determining factor, theft hijacking and shooting wouldn't even get a chance to happen. What about that german shepherd that always chases the mailman, it'll be all over that drone.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
this won't get past the hyped idea phase. The first time one of these pilots doesn't see a speeding box van and loses a 340$ go pro the program will be scrapped. I mean just straight up error is the determining factor, theft hijacking and shooting wouldn't even get a chance to happen. What about that german shepherd that always chases the mailman, it'll be all over that drone.
Oh I could just see my Blue Heeler snatching one of them out of the air.

Bring on the drones this is how you take them down this is cool. Maybe she should show Obama how to do it right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts