Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way we could start a free for Kindle thread? I have downloaded about 20 various prepping/homesteading/survival books that were free for a few days only.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dude, that’s a freaking great idea. I guess it all depends on your areas of interest. I have some archery bow and arrow building free books and some bug out bag recipes and food resource free books to share. There are a bizillion military surplus how-to free books available. How do we kick this off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would area of interest even matter? I think in a survival/shtf situation any how-to book has some need to it.

For example: This book was free for a limited time. It is still free to borrow for Prime members. Some of the links I would post, you would have to download in a day or two because the free time would expire. This is is very basic, very short, and a great easy 15 minute read, but great info for a beginner.

Simple Emergency Food Storage: Jennifer Stanek: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think sharing is a great idea as long as we do not violate any copy write laws and only post FREE eBooks/articles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is with the understanding that most of these books are free for a limited time only. I have many books that I downloaded on Amazon on a free release weekend, come Monday they are back to normal price. With that said, here are some that are free all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Medical-...9305&sr=8-2&keywords=The+home+medical+library

Amazon.com: Knots, Splices and Rope Work A Practical Treatise eBook: A.(Alpheus) Hyatt Verrill: Kindle Store

http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Cit...41079433&sr=1-1&keywords=In+time+of+emergency

Amazon.com: Wilderness Ways eBook: William Joseph Long: Kindle Store

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Boo...511&sr=1-1&keywords=the+first+book+of+farming

Survival Tactics: Al Sevcik, Irving Novick: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

http://www.amazon.com/What-know-far...079584&sr=1-1&keywords=What+I+know+of+farming

How and When to Be Your Own Doctor: Isabel Moser, Steve Solomon: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Electricity for the farm Light, heat and power by inexpensive methods from the water wheel or farm engine: Frederick Irving Anderson: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

http://www.amazon.com/Agriculture-B...694&sr=1-1&keywords=agriculture+for+beginners

http://www.amazon.com/Small-Gardens...mall+gardens+and+how+to+make+the+most+of+them

Making a Fireplace: Henry H. (Henry Hodgman) Saylor: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-Tricks-...079782&sr=1-1&keywords=camp+life+in+the+woods

Do all these apply to everyone? No, it depends on what type of disaster you are preparing for. There is just a ton of useful information that is free without having to go to the library.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a bunch of ebooks on prepping stuff that are free. Want me to see if I can post them? There's like 50 titles, some great stuff
Post away. As long as it is not a copyright infringement, I am all for free readings.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This weekend only alert*

Free on Kindle*

JeBouffe Home Canning Step by Step Guide (second edition) Revised and Expanded

·
Registered
64 Posts
So glad I found this thread! Had just mentioned to the hubby that I need to find some survival books. I find it odd and a tiny bit depressing that hundreds of years ago people grew up learning how to survive. Hunting and farming and producing our own necessities was second nature even as a youngster yet today we are searching for books, videos, and other individuals to teach us these skills. Survival should be a new class taught to kids in school these days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is a few FREE titles I got on iTunes.

They are also available from The Project Gutenberg @ Project Gutenberg : Free Books : Free Texts : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Woodcraft
by George W. Sears [aka Nessmuk] (1884)
Woodcraft : Sears, George Washington, 1821-1890 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Camping for Boys
by Henry William Gibson (1913)
Camping For Boys : Gibson, H.W. : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Shelters, Shacks and Shanties
by Daniel Carter Beard (1914)
Shelters, Shacks and Shanties : Beard, Daniel Carter, 1850-1941 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Boy Scouts Handbook (1st Edition)
by Boy Scouts Of America (1911)
Boy Scouts Handbook The First Edition, 1911 : Boy Scouts of America : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Hunting with the Bow and Arrow (1925)
by Saxon Pope
Hunting with the Bow and Arrow : Pope, Saxton : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Camp Life in the Woods and the Tricks of Trapping and Trap Making
Gibson, William Hamilton, 1850-1896
Camp Life in the Woods and the Tricks of Trapping and Trap Making : Gibson, William Hamilton, 1850-1896 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
CONTAINING
COMPREHENSIVE HINTS ON CAMP SHELTER, LOG HUTS, BARK SHANTIES, WOODLAND BEDS AND BEDDING, BOAT AND CANOE BUILDING, AND VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS ON TRAPPERS' FOOD, ETC. WITH EXTENDED CHAPTERS ON THE TRAPPER'S ART, CONTAINING ALL THE "TRICKS" AND VALUABLE BAIT RECIPES OF THE PROFESSION; FULL DIRECTIONS FOR THE USE OF THE STEEL TRAP, AND FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF TRAPS OF ALL KINDS; DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CAPTURE OF ALL FUR-BEARING ANIMALS; VALUABLE RECIPES FOR THE CURING AND TANNING OF FUR SKINS, ETC., ETC.

A few off topic extra that may be of interest: :grin:

Simple Sabotage Field Manual
by United States. Office of Strategic Services (OSS) (1944)
Simple Sabotage Field Manual : United States. Office of Strategic Services : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Art of War
by Sun Tzu
The Art of War : Sunzi, 6th cent. B.C. : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..I find it odd and a tiny bit depressing that hundreds of years ago people grew up learning how to survive. Hunting and farming and producing our own necessities was second nature even as a youngster yet today we are searching for books, videos, and other individuals to teach us these skills..
Right, there's something naturally beautiful, fulfilling and almost spiritual about tending our own little plot (pics below) but as a city-bred creature I wouldn't even know where to begin (sniffle)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is another book from the Boy Scouts. This time it is the Field book (not to be confused with the handbook). It is segmented into 4 sections with a total of 34 chapters:

Leadership and Trek Preparation (6 Chapters)
Leave No Trace (4 Chapters)
Trek Adventures (16 Chapters)
Appreciating Our Environment (8 Chapters)

Unfortunately, you have to download each chapters separately (all are in .pdf format).
Simply click on one of the 4 section titles at the top of the page and then click a chapter title from the left side column and
there will be a download link at the bottom of each page.

Start Here: Fieldbook

:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts