Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I have a 1983 Chevy Blazer with a 305 stock engine and a quadratoilet carburetor, I purchased the rig in 1985 with about 50,000 miles on the engine

Shortly after buying the rig I put this on it:

Frantz Oil Filters

It is a secondary filtration system that not only filter the particulate matter out of your oil to about .5 microns, but is also absorbs all the water out of your oil.

The process works like this:

1. Every 1000 miles you replace the toilet paper filter and add 1 quart of oil

2. Every 15000 miles you replace the spin on oil filter and pour the oil left in the filter back into the crank case.

3. You NEVER change your oil

I ran my Blazer using this system for 83000 miles and never had a problem, at 256,000 miles I replaced the engine with a 350 4 bolt out of a 69 Camaro and sold the 305 engine to a friend that put it in a car and ran it until he crashed it several years later.

I am currently running my 350 with the same system for 84000 miles without any problems (note I did convert the rig to a propane system which is a lot less wear)

I thought Frantz was out of business but I recently found them again, I'm putting them on my 1998 John Deere Tractor (see my sig) and my 2003 Dodge Cummins Diesel.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts