Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Yes fracking has been around since the 30's but not to the extent it is being done now. The new technology allow the wellpad to drill multiple wells down 5000 feet then turn and drill horizontally for another 5000 feet. Once drilled they set off explosions through the length of the bore to fracture the earth and release gas and oil. they then introduce the fracking fluid or oil releasing agent to maximize the yield. This fluid contains benzene, tolulene, diesel fuel, plastic pellets and a slew of other toxic chemicals. They say that only 5% of fracking fluid has these chemicals. The other 95% is water. We are talking over a million gallons of fracking fluid per well. Once they extract the oil and gas there is still a substancial amount of fracking fluid left in the ground. The water we drink percolates through the ground like a big ass brita filter till it settles back to the water table everytime it rains. There is no way you can pump that much chemical into the ground and not create a negative result. Oil companies are also responsible for removing the fluid but they don't remove it all. Didn't anyone notice how quickly fracking ramped up after Bush made big oil exempt from the Clean water act? Another way big oil dodges responsibility is by using 3rd party service companies to do the drilling and exploration. They say if properly done that fracking is safe but everyone is taking short cuts to make the most profit. Do you really think after drilling a significant number of dry holes they are taking every precaution to keep our water safe? Those aren't rocket surgeons out there, they're roughnecks and they don't have the usual social graces we observe in a polite society. We are a consumer nation and its easier to believe the BS on TV than to think anyone would do anything unsafe to make money at our expense. We want to think fracking will save our economy but we have corporate corruption to take care of that for us,
75% of the water on earth is salinic, of the 25% thats left only 5% is accessible. And what little clean water is left is being ruined every day. Fracking is not going to make the U.S. energy independant. Just the oil companies richer. If the U.S. found a major significant oil deposit that actually could lead to energy independance, Opec would simply drop the price of oil to make it too costly to suck it out of the ground. The crude oil here in the states is thick and requires costly refining. The oil from the middle east is thin and considered sweet crude. In my lifetime I will not drive a car that runs on natural gas. I'm proud to be a U.S. citizen but it damn shame that PAC's, Lobbyist and special interest groups run this country into the ground. How is it that a man's property that has well water has been problem free for over 100 years then suddly goes bad when fracking takes place in close proximity? If fracking is so safe, make big oil to be held accountable for the water they destroy. Let them be accountable for violating the Clean water act. Watch as we all will be pay more for water than we pay for gasoline. Wars will be fought over access to potable water. Water Privatization will have forein owned conglomerates dictating what we all pay for water. Big oil will get a free pass while we all take it up the ass.

punch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Thats just some savvy PR put out by the Heritage Foundation a conservative think tank, a nice way of saying political action commitee or special interest group. Its there to handle the PR for the gas industry. More people would complain but they shut their yaps because they accept settlements from big oil in the form of payoffs and water buffaloes. Their land has lost its value so they can't sell it, so they drink and bath with water from the water buffalo and if they enjoy fishing well they are just SOL. The reason the number of water damage incidents is grossly under-reported is because once you settle and take the water, cash, whatever, its not an official incident. I'm sure theres pressure not to report as many of these communities need the revenue that fracking provides. Google "water buffalo fracking" and see what come up. And yes, I took the time to read the article you quoted. I'll all come out in the wash. I lean conservative but the Tea Party prolly most represents my interest. I'm no tree hugger, I just want to protect my water. (and grass fed beef and free range chicken)

punch
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top