Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all about finding new sources of energy but I don't know if fracturing the crust of the earth is a good idea. Doesn't it seem we have been having more earthquakes lately. No one ask me if they could fracture the ground below my feet. I think every person on this earth should get to vote on this before they do this. But wait, they are already doing this without our permission.

·
Registered
922 Posts
FWIW: They have been doing this in parts of the country, and other countries, for years. This is not something new. You just hear more about it because the enviro-nazis are complaining.

Reactions: jrclen

·
Registered
280 Posts
Has anyone......not been following the
sinkholes in LA ?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Its one of those slippery slopes...literally.
States are weird about land rights, water rights, etc. Its funny how you can own topsoil, but not the earth below or the air above your own land.
Fracking causes a lot of environmental problems including erosion, contamination of drinking water, and possibly earthquakes.
But you already knew that.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Reactions: hayden

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Someone is on the obama team. fracking is not new and is harmless more Al Gore stuff

·
Registered
200 Posts
You are right Smitty. Fracking has be going on since the 30's. Most people don't realize that when you drill for oil there is not a big pool of oil underground. You are drilling into the strata and the oil and gas is trapped in the cracks in the strata. Fracking just lets it out at a faster rate. Think about holding your fingers together to hold some water. Spread your fingers to let it out. That is fracking. Now imagine trying to capture that water with a 2in. pipe 1-5 miles away. That is oil drilling. No harm to water. Water is less than 500ft underground. Oil and gas come from 2000 to 27000ft. One to five miles of earth protecting our water supply. Erosion? Drilling is deep underground. Rosie Odonnell jumping up and down at the Circus Circus buffett in Vegas would be a bigger chance to cause an earthquake. Thanks Al "sell out our country" Gore.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen videos of people who live near a fracking operation I guess they were on well water and they could turn on the faucet and bring a lit match near the water and a big flame would start. I wonder what is causing that then. Just asking, I have no idea. Hope my water never catches on fire.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Fracking has been proven over and over to have nothing to do with the water supply more of Al gore crowds attack . Facts not Emotion.
I can make a video saying all the polar bears in Fla have disappeared does not mean it is not a scam.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The Corp of Engineers wow that is a creditable source. Not Obama says find me a problem they invent one.
Shut down fracking,coal ,oil gas it never stops with that Al gore crowd. Shut it all down so we can take it over is the real plan.
Use the The Corp of Engineers .the EPA the DNR ,Obama EO anything trick you can

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow Smitty I'm glad I'm not an Obama guy or Al gore guy. I do think the Corp of Engineers let us down on New Orleans. I have never been there so I don't understand the attraction. I just think rebuilding a town in hurricane alley that is below sea level and on the coast is a waste of money. Who thought that would be a good idea. Sorry to all my friends in that area, that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fracking has been proven over and over to have nothing to do with the water supply more of Al gore crowds attack . Facts not Emotion.
I can make a video saying all the polar bears in Fla have disappeared does not mean it is not a scam.
Ok Smitty . I love you brother but I think you are misreading me. I don't have a strong stance on this, was just seeing what people thought about fracking. In my small little mind I think that cracking the earths crust is a bad idea. I know there are alot of people out there that are making a living working these jobs and paying taxes and all the good stuff. I'm not anti fracking, I just want to learn more before I make up my mind.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes fracking has been around since the 30's but not to the extent it is being done now. The new technology allow the wellpad to drill multiple wells down 5000 feet then turn and drill horizontally for another 5000 feet. Once drilled they set off explosions through the length of the bore to fracture the earth and release gas and oil. they then introduce the fracking fluid or oil releasing agent to maximize the yield. This fluid contains benzene, tolulene, diesel fuel, plastic pellets and a slew of other toxic chemicals. They say that only 5% of fracking fluid has these chemicals. The other 95% is water. We are talking over a million gallons of fracking fluid per well. Once they extract the oil and gas there is still a substancial amount of fracking fluid left in the ground. The water we drink percolates through the ground like a big ass brita filter till it settles back to the water table everytime it rains. There is no way you can pump that much chemical into the ground and not create a negative result. Oil companies are also responsible for removing the fluid but they don't remove it all. Didn't anyone notice how quickly fracking ramped up after Bush made big oil exempt from the Clean water act? Another way big oil dodges responsibility is by using 3rd party service companies to do the drilling and exploration. They say if properly done that fracking is safe but everyone is taking short cuts to make the most profit. Do you really think after drilling a significant number of dry holes they are taking every precaution to keep our water safe? Those aren't rocket surgeons out there, they're roughnecks and they don't have the usual social graces we observe in a polite society. We are a consumer nation and its easier to believe the BS on TV than to think anyone would do anything unsafe to make money at our expense. We want to think fracking will save our economy but we have corporate corruption to take care of that for us,
75% of the water on earth is salinic, of the 25% thats left only 5% is accessible. And what little clean water is left is being ruined every day. Fracking is not going to make the U.S. energy independant. Just the oil companies richer. If the U.S. found a major significant oil deposit that actually could lead to energy independance, Opec would simply drop the price of oil to make it too costly to suck it out of the ground. The crude oil here in the states is thick and requires costly refining. The oil from the middle east is thin and considered sweet crude. In my lifetime I will not drive a car that runs on natural gas. I'm proud to be a U.S. citizen but it damn shame that PAC's, Lobbyist and special interest groups run this country into the ground. How is it that a man's property that has well water has been problem free for over 100 years then suddly goes bad when fracking takes place in close proximity? If fracking is so safe, make big oil to be held accountable for the water they destroy. Let them be accountable for violating the Clean water act. Watch as we all will be pay more for water than we pay for gasoline. Wars will be fought over access to potable water. Water Privatization will have forein owned conglomerates dictating what we all pay for water. Big oil will get a free pass while we all take it up the ass.

punch

·
Registered
280 Posts
And that ain't no al gore shit ![punch]
Every forum has it's leaders and teachers,
self appointed......
that ALL must listen to.......
Real data and opinions aren't the same, but if
it is posted by 'the few' it must be gospel.
And I will repeat......
It is not what you say.....It is how you say it.
Discussion is healthy....condemnation and judgement isn't.

Misinformation spreads like wildfire.

·
Registered
365 Posts
One could easily argue that there are credible sources with opposing "facts" about fracking.
No prepperforum member is more right than another.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sorry for the rant. I just hope my springfed lake last long enough for me to enjoy it if I have to bed down at my BOL.

punch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts