Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a sale on the FLIR Scout PS24 through survivalblog.com and thought I would pass it along.

FLIR SCOUT PS24

I have been looking at one of these for a long time and currently have the funds so I purchased one.

The advantages over this and a night vision scope like my An PVS-14 are quite stunning. The night vision lets you see everything but depends on the available light. Someone in a shadow will not show up on the night vision but the Scout lets you see anything that is HOT.

In a OP (observation post) the person there is placed to alert the body to any threats. I believe the FLIR will make that job SO MUCH FREEKING EASIER.

I'm not sure I can effectively explain the differences but check out youtube for some examples.

If it wasn't against the law i'd use this elk hunting in the day time.

·
Super Moderator
2,851 Posts
Looks like a good unit. They advertise these for boaters as well and I've always though it would be a good idea on a variety if levels. This price was lower than what I've seen at other places.

·
Registered
559 Posts
FLIR is on my someday maybe list, actually right at top in the #2 spot. Right behind a new retreat location of 16+ acres.

I did get to play with one of those FLIR units (one of the cheaper ones I think, it was ~$2500 but same company) and it was amazing what you can see. We were able to pick up a couple of deer that were completely invisible to the naked eye because there was tons of brush in the way and probably about 125-150 yards away, but they were fairly easy to find with the scope. Being able to 'scan your perimeter' with one of these would make finding anyone approaching much easier than Nightvision; oh and it works just as well during the day too!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I saw a sale on the FLIR Scout PS24 through survivalblog.com and thought I would pass it along.

FLIR SCOUT PS24

I have been looking at one of these for a long time and currently have the funds so I purchased one.

The advantages over this and a night vision scope like my An PVS-14 are quite stunning. The night vision lets you see everything but depends on the available light. Someone in a shadow will not show up on the night vision but the Scout lets you see anything that is HOT.

In a OP (observation post) the person there is placed to alert the body to any threats. I believe the FLIR will make that job SO MUCH FREEKING EASIER.

I'm not sure I can effectively explain the differences but check out youtube for some examples.

If it wasn't against the law i'd use this elk hunting in the day time.
Lets take it out coyote huntin'!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts