Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There has been an erratic ejection issue for the last year or so with newer G-Locks, Gen 3 and Gen 4, with brass getting thrown to the forehead of the shooter.

It's a problem that doesn't show up for about 400 rounds, then gets worse.

There is a serial/build date cutoff for this problem

My PCZ *** G19 Gen 3 needed a updated ejector to fix the mis-machined extractor slot

For more info check out

Glock Pistols - Glock Pistol | Glock Talk - Index2

and read about it in General Glocking

Massad Ayoob has a Self-Defense forum there

There is a serial number registry that shows about when a Glock was built

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a gen 4 G 19. I've not had any issues (FTF/FTE). I have had a few casing hit my hat but they are very very few.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you didn't have your hat on, you might have gotten hot brass to the forehead. My PCZ2** G19 Gen 3 had this issue.It's long gone

My GUB2** G19 Gen 3 doesn't and is still with me

If it's not an issue, don't worry, but if it starts, then you know the solution

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you didn't have your hat on, you might have gotten hot brass to the forehead. My PCZ2** G19 Gen 3 had this issue.It's long gone

My GUB2** G19 Gen 3 doesn't and is still with me

If it's not an issue, don't worry, but if it starts, then you know the solution
Agree! I've not experienced the issue enough to make me act. I, will, act, if and when, it causes me stress or a burn. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have several Glocks and I've never had any ejection problems what so ever. I do know that the early production Gen-4 19's and 17's had some type of ejection problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This just happened to me a few weeks back actually. I was trying out a glock 17 at the local range, and kept getting hit in the forehead. I thought all glocks were like that, but I guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a glock 17rft2 gen 3 have put a couple 1000 rounds through it and still great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I really like the glock in terms of reliability. I have a russian made Makarov, but the ammo is tough to find (9x18). How can you tell an early gen3 versus a late gen3?

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Serial number, there is a section called valuable info at the Glock link in the OP. The number gives you a build date. The LAA prefix is about when Glock started using dipped extractors, which is what is thought to be causing the BTF issue. I sold my PCZ100 G19 because of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guess I am just lucky 1 gen3 and 3 gen4's (ranging from early gen4 production to recent) and have had 0 issues. I have read many things about it however have yet to experience it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts