Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our monthly corporate meeting this morning. (I work in home health BTW) Boring as usuall.... that is until a woman got up and started talking towards the end of the meeting. Paraphrasing she says "As we usually do about this time of year we want to remind every one to take precautions for bad weather. Be careful of ice on the roads etc. also start becoming aware of alternate routes to take while traveling to your patients around the comunity in case your usualy route gets cut off." ... and so on as normal for this time of year and then... " we also want you to begin to prepare for a catastrophic event We will be sending out a list of items you will need to take in your cars in case you are not able to get home. basically this will include personal items, clothing, medicine and some food items. This will either be email or sent through our learning website soon. In addition to this we will soon be sending out new badges for everyone. current badges are just a means of identification. New badges will have our credentials listed in a language that will allow for passage past roadblocks manned by sheriffs, or miltary so we can continue to see our patients, get to jobs at the hospital and so on. More information to come later.
Does this sound odd to any one else???? if road are dangerous even a nurse should not be passing the road blocks correct?
Sounds more like a means to insure they can mandate medical staff to continue working through a martial law situation doesn't it?

any on else heard of this?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Haven't seen any of this in my area yet. Of course I'm still PO'd that the hospitals interpretation of ACA is that I can't work more than 29 hrs a week. Maybe they will drop this other shoe later.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Heck "retired Guard" You come here and take some of my hours, OK?
Maybe it is me reading more into this than it is but is sounds pretty fishy to me.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I keep hearing more and more stories like this. And I have noticed a lot of ads reminding people to get
prepared for emergency situations. I don't think the roads will be dangerous as much as controlled

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Of course the roads will be dangerous - you can't keep people from traveling on them unless they're dangerous.

·
Registered
496 Posts
....Sounds more like a means to insure they can mandate medical staff to continue working through a martial law situation doesn't it?any on else heard of this?
Thanks for the feed back and thoughts. I'm hearing stuff like from other sources.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, tirednurse, that's crazy - the part about the badge with a language readable by the people at the roadblocks. I am curious about what language that might be. Please let us know when you get your new badge. Do you mind telling us what region you're in? I'm a hospice nurse traveling around a Pacific Northwest metro region, btw.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I'd like to know the area you are in, . . . just out of curiosity, . . . and would appreciate any updates.

I'd imagine when they talked "language" they were probably talking something like a bar code. One simple bar code can be attached to a data base that can have half a dictionary behind it, . . . just depends on how it is set up.

We used bar codes in my maintenance dept. before I retired from there, . . . I could get a full paragraph to display simply by interpreting a bar code with a scanner.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, tirednurse, that's crazy - the part about the badge with a language readable by the people at the roadblocks. I am curious about what language that might be. Please let us know when you get your new badge. Do you mind telling us what region you're in? I'm a hospice nurse traveling around a Pacific Northwest metro region, btw.
I work mostly in lewis county but can go to thurston and masson also. This is Olympia Washington for anyone outside the area. I work for Providence. Who are you with? Our hospice is has seprate meetings so don't know what's going on with them.

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
I think that means permission, not foreign.

For example, "This person is to be granted access beyond all roadblocks and entry control points in order to gain access to health care facilities."

Just a guess.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
As far as a weather related or natural event since Mt.Rainier is in the distance this does not sound far fetched to me.since we used to live 30 miles west of the mountain and could see the mountain steaming sometimes and with the Mt St Helens occurrence two decades ago also with the pretty good little earthquakes we used to feel and Pierce county and a lot of King county sitting on an ancient mudflow, we were always prepared to some degree.also seeing I-5 closed due to ice several times in winter and watching vehicles try to ice skate, I would heed this advice and prepare a specific winter bob to carry in your vehicle as we do living in upper Michigan now.perhaps the new ID's were so in case of such an event a nearby trooper or FD could get you to your workplace sooner so you could help injured people in just such an event.Have there been any warnings from the U.W. seismology dept?.otherwise,I would be suspect of just such a statement.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as a weather related or natural event since Mt.Rainier is in the distance this does not sound far fetched to me.since we used to live 30 miles west of the mountain and could see the mountain steaming sometimes and with the Mt St Helens occurrence two decades ago also with the pretty good little earthquakes we used to feel and Pierce county and a lot of King county sitting on an ancient mudflow, we were always prepared to some degree.also seeing I-5 closed due to ice several times in winter and watching vehicles try to ice skate, I would heed this advice and prepare a specific winter bob to carry in your vehicle as we do living in upper Michigan now.perhaps the new ID's were so in case of such an event a nearby trooper or FD could get you to your workplace sooner so you could help injured people in just such an event.Have there been any warnings from the U.W. seismology dept?.otherwise,I would be suspect of just such a statement.
No such warnings.
I am always ready for weather problems among other things. We as most of the US have weather that could cause problems. The thing that make me suspicious is that they would want us to cross through a baracade that is put there because what is beyond is supposed to be unsafe. No patient needs to be seen that bad. If they were that bad off they shouldn't be at home. Not my job to transport them to a hospital either. why would a nurse be sent across road covered in flood water, or otherwise "impassable or dangerous" when every one else is told not to? trying to kill us off or what?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts